The Student Room Group

AQA AS Chemistry 2016 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by M.P.C
do you think we will be looking at low grade boundaries?

Hopefully! Everyone at my school seems to think the course is really hard, in terms of context and exam style, and I got to a pretty good school
Original post by warehlizzi
Hopefully! Everyone at my school seems to think the course is really hard, in terms of context and exam style, and I got to a pretty good school

I go to quite a good school as well and people there find them hard. Fingers crossed. Even then, I highly doubt 60% is going to get me an A.
Reply 22
Original post by angellll
I go to quite a good school as well and people there find them hard. Fingers crossed. Even then, I highly doubt 60% is going to get me an A.

have aqa released any grade boundaries for the spec paper?
The spec paper was very difficult! Really hope it's not as challenging in the exam- fingers crossed ay 😉
Original post by M.P.C
have aqa released any grade boundaries for the spec paper?

Not that I know of.
Why is nobody posting anything! The exams on friday!! I need predictions... Please??
I found the specimen papers easy but for some reason I'm still scared...
Reply 27
What marks did you guys get on the specimen paper?
Reply 28
Original post by voltz

58 on paper 1 and 45 on paper 2
Original post by voltz

45 on the first
56 on the second
what topics are on paper 1
Chapters 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.
1: Atomic Structure
2: Amount of Sunstance
3: Bonding
4: Energetics
6: Equilibrium
7: Redox
8: Periodicity
9: Group 2
10: Group 7
Reply 32
Original post by CBMFM99
45 on the first
56 on the second

So its fair to say that those were very hard? Im hoping they are made much easier for the real thing because if theyre anything like those Im going to do really badly
66/80 on first one and something like 48 on the second lol, i know i need more work on organic.
Not even that hard, i dont know what people find that difficult about inorganic.
Original post by voltz
So its fair to say that those were very hard? Im hoping they are made much easier for the real thing because if theyre anything like those Im going to do really badly

I hope so too! If they're similar difficulties though, the grade boundaries will be low
Original post by CBMFM99
I hope so too! If they're similar difficulties though, the grade boundaries will be low

Honestly I don't think the paper tomorrow will be as hard as the specimen papers because the physics exam wasn't as hard as the specimen papers and that is new spec aswell so maybe AQA are going to be slightly generous, hopefully
Reply 37
Original post by riyadhussain123
Honestly I don't think the paper tomorrow will be as hard as the specimen papers because the physics exam wasn't as hard as the specimen papers and that is new spec aswell so maybe AQA are going to be slightly generous, hopefully

Yeah, fingers crosses but I am expecting a lot of maths on it and hopefully there wont be a tonne of practical questions.

The maths on the specimen papers was somewhat difficult such as that crucible mass one - very confusing for me
Reply 38
Ok so I need help on this equilibrium constant question:
The reaction for the formation of hydrogen iodide does not go to completion but reaches an equilibrium:
H2 + I2 <---> 2HI
A mixture of 1.9mol H2 and 1.9mol I2 was prepared and allowed to reach equilibrium in a closed vessel on 250cm^3 capacity. The resulting equilibrium mixture was found to contain 3.0mol of HI. Calculate Kc.
Reply 39
I think this is how you do it:
H I HI
Moles at start: 1.9 1.9 0

Moles@equilib: (3/2=1.5 so 1.9-1.5=0.4 moles) for both H2 and I2. Since there are 3 moles of HI and the molar ratio is 1:2.

Concentration: (0.4/0.25) = 1.6 - for H2 and I2. 3/0.25= 12 for 2HI.

Kc= (12)2
(1.6) (1.6)
Kc= 56.25 dm

Quick Reply

Latest