The Student Room Group

Failed my AS levels :(

hh
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why take a gap year? But you can always make up for it next year
Original post by 160998
I'm so disappointed in myself right now. I'm in my first year of 6th form studying maths, english, history, philosophy and ethics.
After getting over the disgusting ocr maths C1 paperlast week, none of my other exams have gone well. It completely shocked me as I had worked so hard, and I went into my history exam the same day upset, then did badly.
I had my second to last exam today, where I now have a two week gap until my next. It was English, supposedly my best subject and what I wanted to do at uni, and I have never written so badly. My hand was shaking and no points were coming to my head.
I'm so so so angry at myself. I did work hard, but it has not shown in my exams.
I wanted AABB this year, but honestly dont see a chance in me getting any Bs at all.
I'll have to take a gap year when I wanted to go to uni next year.
I'm just so dissappointed and exhausted. I have two weeks to do stats before my next paper and honestly right now don't even know if I've passed maths, that's how bad it was. Also feel as if I've wasted my parents money on a maths tutor. :colonhash:
Is anyone else in a similar situation? And if so what are you going to do?

You and me, same boat mate, same boat, I wanted to take a gap year as well, since none of my exams are looking to be getting great results so I was thinking of retaking modules and take a gap year to do whatever so university see my final grades because am pretty sure they wouldnt offer anything if they were to see my results now, but am not to sure how they think about resits.. let me know if you if have an idea ! :smile:
Get as high as you can this year and maybe take a gap year. Your other exams are very important as they will give you a easier time next year. Just focus on getting the best you can.

Delay is not denial.
Original post by 160998
I'm so disappointed in myself right now. I'm in my first year of 6th form studying maths, english, history, philosophy and ethics.
After getting over the disgusting ocr maths C1 paperlast week, none of my other exams have gone well. It completely shocked me as I had worked so hard, and I went into my history exam the same day upset, then did badly.
I had my second to last exam today, where I now have a two week gap until my next. It was English, supposedly my best subject and what I wanted to do at uni, and I have never written so badly. My hand was shaking and no points were coming to my head.
I'm so so so angry at myself. I did work hard, but it has not shown in my exams.
I wanted AABB this year, but honestly dont see a chance in me getting any Bs at all.
I'm just so dissappointed and exhausted. I have two weeks to do stats before my next paper and honestly right now don't even know if I've passed maths, that's how bad it was. Also feel as if I've wasted my parents money on a maths tutor. :colonhash:

Tbh, there's is nothing else that you can do about the papers that you have sat. I would advise you to forget about them so that you don't let the thoughts hinder your next exam.

Concentrate on your stats, try not to already claim that you have failed because if you think that, inevitably, it's what you will end up doing.

And don't worry, if all does not go to plan this year you can always do resits!
Reply 5
Similar situation, failing to of my as biology and chemistry, do you think it is possible to do btech science in one year, if i drop them both
New specification? The grades wouldn't count though unless it's a really poor one.
Original post by 160998

I do feel bad for you as you said you worked hard.

However stop moaning and move on, I am sure there are thousadns of kids who have acc failed their AS levels or on route to doing so, and by fail I mean a U, yes I understand even if unis see E or even prhaps D its not good, but C's n you say you failed, change the thread title, very misleading and detrimental to anyones confidence if thye think they got lower
Original post by Science_help
I do feel bad for you as you said you worked hard.

However stop moaning and move on, I am sure there are thousadns of kids who have acc failed their AS levels or on route to doing so, and by fail I mean a U, yes I understand even if unis see E or even prhaps D its not good, but C's n you say you failed, change the thread title, very misleading and detrimental to anyones confidence if thye think they got lower

That is not misleading. He has highest standards and in their right, he considers himself to fail. Don't treat your standard and his as equal.

Anway OP, I just want to tell you that don't regret about the papers. If you worked hard it will show. I got Ds and Us in my mock and my teachers predicted me that for my official results. I felt like such a stupid dumb kid...anyway I ended up getting 4 As in AS. I thank my parents so much because they had faith in me and told me that I can do it.

Just keep working hard. Don't worry over the mistakes you already made, you can't change them.
Original post by alevez2ez
That is not misleading. He has highest standards and in their right, he considers himself to fail. Don't treat your standard and his as equal.

Anway OP, I just want to tell you that don't regret about the papers. If you worked hard it will show. I got Ds and Us in my mock and my teachers predicted me that for my official results. I felt like such a stupid dumb kid...anyway I ended up getting 4 As in AS. I thank my parents so much because they had faith in me and told me that I can do it.

Just keep working hard. Don't worry over the mistakes you already made, you can't change them.

it is misleading.

Lol what do you mean my standards, I was speaking for the many people that fail.
Failure in a levels is objective , not subjective, not getting what you want is not failing a levels!

Thats pretty amazing which subjects did you study?
Original post by sweetiemelx
Thats pretty amazing which subjects did you study?

You flatter me. I took Bio Chem Math and Geog
You flatter me. I took Bio Chem Math and Geog

That's sooo amazing, I think i failed maths this year (AS), i am probably going to retake it next year can you give me some advice please. How did you improve your grades?
Original post by sweetiemelx
That's sooo amazing, I think i failed maths this year (AS), i am probably going to retake it next year can you give me some advice please. How did you improve your grades?

For Math, I did the hardest questions at the end of the *chapters. I encountered the same question in the actual paper itself. Do these + all past papers from 2013 and you can get an easy A.
(edited 7 years ago)
wait for your results to come through, then decide what to do! for all you know you could have done better than expected. but for now forget about them and enjoy your summer :redface:
Reply 15
Original post by Science_help
it is misleading.

Lol what do you mean my standards, I was speaking for the many people that fail.
Failure in a levels is objective , not subjective, not getting what you want is not failing a levels!

I understand that sorry, how do I change the title?
I do mean failing some, as I am pretty sure I have not passed :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by cupcakes87
wait for your results to come through, then decide what to do! for all you know you could have done better than expected. but for now forget about them and enjoy your summer :redface:

Thankyou :biggrin:
Reply 17

That's amazing! I got CCDD in my mocks and wanted to do the same as you. Guess it's too late now, maybe next year :frown:
I worked very hard and I don't know what went wrong, but thankyou!! Irrelevant but I'm a girl haha
Just don't put your as results on your uni application, let them use your predicted grades. Not all schools are doing as levels and you don't have to declare them. They do not go towards a2 so as long as you don't cock those up you'll be fine.
Even if you get crap end results, you can just go to a less prestigious uni that you will have just as good a time at.
Reply 19
Original post by 160998

At the end of the day exams do not determine where you are going to be in the next 10 years. Keep working hard and taking new opportunities is the way forward. Anyhow come results day and you might be pleasantly surprised by what you get. :smile: Finally you will learn more from mistakes than from success. Hope this helps

Quick Reply

Latest