The Student Room Group

PHYSICS EDEXCEL 2016 25th MAY 2016 {OFFICIAL THREAD} WHO ELSE FOUND IT HARD???

Poll

EASY OR HARD

Who else found it hard?
Predictions for grade boundaries?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Taran001
Who else found it hard?
Predictions for grade boundaries?

I didn't think it was hard exactly. But the grade boundaries will be low. I'm predicting 46/7 A*, 39 A, 32 B, 26 C, 20 D
Original post by caitlinford3
I didn't think it was hard exactly. But the grade boundaries will be low. I'm predicting 46/7 A*, 39 A, 32 B, 26 C, 20 D

I think the A* will be much lower than 46/47 because November 2012 was 44 for an A* and it was much easier than today's paper for sure, so it should be about 40/41?
Reply 3
whats that out of
Reply 4
Original post by JakeTurner16
I think the A* will be much lower than 46/47 because November 2012 was 44 for an A* and it was much easier than today's paper for sure, so it should be about 40/41?

whats the 44 out of??
Reply 5

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4119023
UNOFFICAL MARK SCHEME
I do love all these threads watching people crying when they can't walk through an exam without doing any work any more.
Original post by asf878iwj
whats the 44 out of??

44/60 for an a*
If it's only 44 out of 60 for an A*, I think I have a chance at a low A*. I made so many silly mistakes (not converting Watts to Kilowatts, not realising that question was about blueshift) that cost me a lot of marks, but I think everything else went fine.

Anyway, I still have 50% (P2, P3) to go to make up a poorer performance in this exam.
Original post by Hannah'sSweets
If it's only 44 out of 60 for an A*, I think I have a chance at a low A*. I made so many silly mistakes (not converting Watts to Kilowatts, not realising that question was about blueshift) that cost me a lot of marks, but I think everything else went fine.

Anyway, I still have 50% (P2, P3) to go to make up a poorer performance in this exam.

Exactly like me, but oh well, you learn from your mistakes i guess :/

wow 40/41 would be amazing but that is very very low
wow 40/41 would be amazing but that is very very low

True, but it was not easier than the november 2012 paper which was only 44 for an a*, so the minimum it could be is 43/44 if they want to be harsh, but it's not going to be around 48. If it's not then that means 100% ums.
True, but it was not easier than the november 2012 paper which was only 44 for an a*, so the minimum it could be is 43/44 if they want to be harsh, but it's not going to be around 48. If it's not then that means 100% ums.

well it is based off how we do as a country, since 2012 people have become more academic and competitive with their grades so more people may have done better, but if not maybe it will be 41 :smile:
Reply 13
well it is based off how we do as a country, since 2012 people have become more academic and competitive with their grades so more people may have done better, but if not maybe it will be 41 :smile:

Thats true taking that into account i think 38 A 46 A*
Not many people found this easy at the end of the day as well
Original post by Hannah'sSweets

Wait what question was about blueshift?
Reply 15
Original post by InnocentElk
Wait what question was about blueshift?

The one where it said a star is 599nm away from us and the sun is 600nm i said the star is closer to us it shows less red shift. Its less distant i think i got 2/3 for this question hopefully
Reply 16
Wasnt that hard.....
Then i love science
Original post by Taran001
The one where it said a star is 599nm away from us and the sun is 600nm i said the star is closer to us it shows less red shift. Its less distant i think i got 2/3 for this question hopefully

Did you have to calculate the 599 because I cannot believe they will have written a question saying that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys what was the answer for the graph to show the laptop was on for 2minutes
Did anyone get that the milky way is apart of the universe but NOT of the solar system?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending