The Student Room Group

AQA AS Chemistry unit 1 resit May 27th 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 97Y
And also, the paper last year was no where near as easy as some of the other past papers. Some trick questions.

I'm sorry about the situation you are facing. Perhaps talk to your mother and maybe she will understand and support you.

There were 0 trick questions. I was actually surprised about how easy the paper was, I was expecting extremely high grade boundaries.
Last years paper was definitely one of the harder ones
Reply 22
Original post by alevez2ez
I'm sorry about the situation you are facing. Perhaps talk to your mother and maybe she will understand and support you.

There were 0 trick questions. I was actually surprised about how easy the paper was, I was expecting extremely high grade boundaries.

S'alright, life goes on.
I think, if you thought very carefully about the questions then you couldn't have screwed up, but in an exam situation it's never going to be like that. Also, unless you're a chemistry fanatic you wouldn't know Aufbau's principle etc.
Original post by 97Y
S'alright, life goes on.
I think, if you thought very carefully about the questions then you couldn't have screwed up, but in an exam situation it's never going to be like that. Also, unless you're a chemistry fanatic you wouldn't know Aufbau's principle etc.

Haha I still remember it. My teacher was really strict and I used to learn everything we did in class because he used to ask the questions in class & I studied it all to answer the questions in class and avoid embarrassment.
Reply 24
Haha I still remember it. My teacher was really strict and I used to learn everything we did in class because he used to ask the questions in class & I studied it all to answer the questions in class and avoid embarrassment.

You had a good teacher! But well done on doing great anyway
Original post by 97Y
You had a good teacher! But well done on doing great anyway

Thanks bro. Good luck to you as well! Hopefully you can nail yourself the A!
Reply 26
How did you guys fail last year? The foundation Chemistry paper (AQA paper 1) was the easiest paper from 2011-2015.

Did you let the stress get to you or what?

tbf i forgot everything the second i sat down, i think the panic set in and it was harder than other past papers before that.
(edited 7 years ago)
Does anyone have a website which has exam style questions on?
How did you guys fail last year? The foundation Chemistry paper (AQA paper 1) was the easiest paper from 2011-2015.

Do you really think you should be posting that?

People have different abilities, and to purposely come on to a thread about the resit and ask 'how did you guys fail last year?' is very odd. It just makes it seem like you're going out of your way to knock people about their ability- not a nice move the night before the exam.
Original post by Coolworm

People have different abilities, and to purposely come on to a thread about the resit and ask 'how did you guys fail last year?' is very odd. It just makes it seem like you're going out of your way to knock people about their ability- not a nice move the night before the exam.

It genuinely makes me curious. The lowest my classmates got was a C. The whole class got Bs and As.

You must be looking at a different spec because the 2015 paper was the hardest paper by far out of any they have released 2009-2015.
Reply 31
Original post by Coolworm

agreed, ignore it. We'll smash it this time round.
Reply 32
does anyone have a selection of really hard moles calculations? I'm doing them well, but i'm really scared theres some form of them I can't do. Also does anyone know whether they ask about titration calculations often or is that just for A2?
Anyone have a list of definitions we need to know for the unit 1 exam tomorrow?
Reply 34
Original post by j5994
agreed, ignore it. We'll smash it this time round.

Don't worry, we'll ace it tomorrow and just hope that our initial poster is never in a situation where he doesn't get an A.
Reply 35
Original post by j5994
does anyone have a selection of really hard moles calculations? I'm doing them well, but i'm really scared theres some form of them I can't do. Also does anyone know whether they ask about titration calculations often or is that just for A2?

I can't imagine there being any titration ones since that was the EMPA,
I did that paper. It was my official exam. And it was easy. My whole year was so thankful that the paper was easy.

just because you got an A/B doesnt mean it was an easy paper. CHEM1 is the easiest module in chem its just that the 2015 was the hardest so far.
Reply 37
Im scared
Reply 38
Original post by potato cell
just because you got an A/B doesnt mean it was an easy paper. CHEM1 is the easiest module in chem its just that the 2015 was the hardest so far.

Kind sir, please leave our thread. I'm sure that you have some thermodynamics to revise, whilst we have an exam in 12 hours.
Could some please tell me the AQA definition of relative molecular mass? Thanks

Quick Reply