The Student Room Group

Turk Muslim stabs 4 helpless women in Sainsbury's

Scroll to see replies

You forgot psycho muslim terrorist cat kills 8 people and a frog.
Original post by 41b
The real number is that since 9/11, over 90% of all terror attacks worldwide have been perpetrated by Muslims.

There is nothing particularly special about Islam that causes people to commit terrorist attacks. For example, in our own back yard...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_Great_Britain
Reply 22
Original post by ByEeek
There is nothing particularly special about Islam that causes people to commit terrorist attacks. For example, in our own back yard...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_Great_Britain

At some point very strong correlations repeated throughout history must be admitted to be causation.
Original post by Good bloke
The reason is simple, and it is not because of an anti-Moslem agenda on the part of the news media.

In Europe it is rare in the extreme for Christians, Jews, Buddhists and Sikhs to kill people because of their religion, or to kill in the name of their religion. Therefore newspapers have no reason to report their religion.

Islam, on the other hand, seems to engender violence on the part of a significant minority of its adherents, who do kill people because of their culture (engendered by Islam) or the religion itself, or kill people in the name of Islam.

Finally someone on here is talking sense!
Reply 24
The news of the stabbing was also posted in the Guardian. I'd say that's mainstream.
Reply 25
Original post by generallee
His rear end? From whence it was pulled? :smile:

There's no need to me rude. The guy is just trying to have a civil conversation with you.

Are you here to intimidate or debate reasonably?
KKK? Buddhist monks killing Muslims in Myanmar? There's a radical group in every religion, belief, organization etc. Does Buddhism promote violence? No. Does Christianity, Islam, Judaism promote violence? No. These kind of texts can be taken and manipulated into the so called 'violent' texts they are. Who are these done by? Humans.

Now this matter isn't about religion or ethnicity. There are psycho white Americans killing innocent students at school shootings. There many psychologically impaired people all around the world. This is a matter about their brain function. Not what they 'believe' in.
Original post by WebSurfer
These kind of texts can be taken and manipulated into the so called 'violent' texts they are.

Have you actually read the Koran?
Have you actually read the Koran?

And have you?
And have you?

Not all, but quite a lot. Enough to give me a true view of whether it promotes violence or not..

You didn't answer my question: have you read the Koran?
Original post by limadima
remember slavery?

Which slavery?

The slave trade that was participated in by black slave-takers who sold their black captives to mostly white traders who took them over the Atlantic?

Or the Islamic slave trade, which involved captives of all colours being taken by Moslems?

Or the slavery still going on in Mali, Sudan (where it is endemic), China, Pakistan, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Russia, Thailand, Democratic Republic of Congo, Burma, Uzbekistan, Bangladesh, Algeria, Libya, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Mauritania, Haiti, Nepal and India (where there are about 15 million children in bonded labour)? Notice the number of countries involved in slavery where the inhabitants are not white.
ml
ml

Funny eh?

About 12 million were shipped across the Atlantic, maybe 12-14 million taken by Islamic traders, while there are currently over 20 million people in slavery in the counties I listed.

Which is the greatest scandal?
Funny eh?

About 12 million were shipped across the Atlantic, maybe 12-14 million taken by Islamic traders, while there are currently over 20 million people in slavery in the counties I listed.

Which is the greatest scandal?

omygod, you're a psychopath please stop quoting me, if two random letters make you go on a rant about slavery, you need help..
Not all, but quite a lot. Enough to give me a true view of whether it promotes violence or not..

Not read but rather listened to it. And I listened enough to give me true view of whether it promotes violence or not.
On another note, this is what's going on at the other side of the world

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/21/us/chase-sherman-video-georgia.html?_r=0

Now, I'm not into arguments so that'll be the end of my talk. Peace to all :smile:

Have you read the Bible? A lot of violence in the Old Testament. So why aren't Christians and Jews killing non-believers?

If Islamic terrorism doesn’t come from Islamic doctrine (because if it did Jews and Christians would also be at it), where does it come from?

It's almost like there have been proxy wars fought in the Middle East for the past 100 years and the people there are pretty pissed off at each other and the world at large.
Not read but rather listened to it. And I listened enough to give me true view of whether it promotes violence or not.

Did you have any control over which bits were recited to you, or were they selected by the reader? Have you heard verses 5:29-40?
Reply 38
omygod, you're a psychopath please stop quoting me, if two random letters make you go on a rant about slavery, you need help..

The Muslamic raygun is strong in this one:

Attack someone
Attacked person responds
Play the victim

Muslamic raygun successfully utilised.
Original post by scrotgrot
A lot of violence in the Old Testament. So why aren't Christians and Jews killing non-believers?

An interesting question. There is a lot of violence in the Old Testament. I suspect the difference is accounted for by:

(a) the Judaeo-Christian scripture not actually claiming to be the infallible word of God

(b) the Judaeo-Christian scripture not actually telling its adherents to punish non-believers

(b) In the case of Christians, the rules changed anyway when Jesus talked about changing the laws to turning the other cheek, rendering unto Caesar and loving thy neighbour

(d) In the case of both Jews and Christians (though probably not in the USA), most western adherents are half-hearted, well-educated, and no longer truly believers - the opposite of Islam

(e) Islam's scripture claims the scripture is the unchanging and infallible word of a god, and does enjoin its adherents to punish non-believers, and to keep away from them where possible (and they do follow it)

(f) Christianity's role model is the polar opposite of Islam's: a peace-loving hippy who helped people and never hurt a fly, compared to an aggressive warlord who kept slaves and had people killed

and (g) maybe it comes back to education and a more developed society, but Moslems just seem to be more superstitious than Jews and Christians, more inclined to indoctrinate children, and more rigorous in their adherence

What do you think the reasons are?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending