The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samm98
The first question for the volume of a prison I'm sure was 3 marks not 2? Easiest 2/3 marks ever! :smile:

I was thinking the same!
Original post by Samantha2009
Hi the paper was sat today but our examiner today told us some kids are doing it tommorow and that we shouldn't put answer on student room until Saturday so u guys have given all the answers now the grade will go high

it's a bit silly of edexcel to re-use the paper from today...
Original post by Mathsgcseexam
no, standard form has to be numbers from 1-9. 0.7x10^9 isn't in standard form

damn yeah i just saw on bitesize :frown: well isn't it funny how I revised standard form yesterday but get it wrong!
Reply 1523
anyone remember what question 18 was?
Original post by junayd1998
If i got like 62/63 marks on first paper am I on track for a B grade?

last year it was 95 across both papers to get a b so if you achieve around 60 again on the calculator, you're looking at a high b/low a
Original post by ZUIT00ZUIT
i want to die

lol same
Original post by Afsanax
last year it was 95 across both papers to get a b so if you achieve around 60 again on the calculator, you're looking at a high b/low a

ight thats gucci
Can anyone explain the vector question part c? I remember I wrote that the point S split the midpoint of PT and OR in the ratio 1:3(and then proved it) . Will I get full marks for that question since it's the only one I doubt and I got the rest correct.
Original post by Mahrez
actuall A is between 120-130

So if I get 55 on the first paper I should be safe with getting 80 on the second for an a ?? I'm usually better on calculator papers anyway. I thought it was a bit high what I was told as it is never higher than 70 on each paper for an a looking at the past 5 years grade boundaries
This is exactly the same for me. I did terribly and burst into tears half way through
Original post by Azarhuntttt
So if I get 55 on the first paper I should be safe with getting 80 on the second for an a ?? I'm usually better on calculator papers anyway. I thought it was a bit high what I was told as it is never higher than 70 on each paper for an a looking at the past 5 years grade boundaries

you never know
is 85/100 an a*?
what are the grade boundary predictions?
Reply 1533
alternate angle theorem
Original post by becca503
so did I:smile:

Hi that's wrong
i put 7x10 to the 9 isnt that right?
Original post by LogicalFallacy
This is the completed mark scheme for the 26/05/2016 mathematics non-calculator paper.

If there are any mistakes, please tell me.

Reps would be appreciated, but are not necessary.
where can i find it for 3hr??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRVNtDOlUmo
the unofficial mark scheme in youtube of the whole paper :-)
Original post by lea b
anyone remember what question 18 was?

a= 2 4/5
b=4/5
I got 6 and 2 also 😆

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending