The Student Room Group

AQA Biology AS New Spec - 26th May and 7th June

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Luchamb
Would introns in dna and not rna be right? And unpaired bases in mrna and paired in dna?

For that question i put Dna has double helix
Mrna has different bases AU -CG
i put mrna has introns but its actually dna :'( mixed it up
Yes
Original post by Junior567
why would it be higher this year when the paper was a lot harder in my opinion
i did last years paper as a mock and found it 10x easier

because the reasons why they came up with new spec and stuff was to kinda malke things harder and a qa are evil so idk thoughh weell see how it gooes
No
Reply 324
Original post by saulgreen
The stimulus piece they gave said the protein that leads to the formation of alpha-amyloid (i think that was the name of the protein?) is only ONE of the products of the reaction of beta-secretase. So I put that by inhibiting the enzyme and preventing the reaction from happening means that the other products of the reaction aren't being synthesised and these could be necessary for the body's normal functioning - hence the side effects.

The mutation causes sufferers to have a higher chance of having more beta-secretase; which therefore synthesises the proteins that lead to the formation alpha-amyloid, leading to more plaques in the brain.

Not sure what peptide question you're talking about

Yesss I put the same 👍🏻
why would it be higher this year when the paper was a lot harder in my opinion
i did last years paper as a mock and found it 10x easier

Apparently quite a lot of people were getting As which defeats the purpose of filtering out the top students so they're trying to make it tougher for us. Hopefully the grade boundary won't be too high.
Original post by GabbytheGreek_48
because the reasons why they came up with new spec and stuff was to kinda malke things harder and a qa are evil so idk thoughh weell see how it gooes

Yh i get you but each year certain number of students need to get A,B,C ECT
so if most people have done bad they will lower the grade boundaries if not less schools will use their board so they lose money
Yh i get you but each year certain number of students need to get A,B,C ECT
so if most people have done bad they will lower the grade boundaries if not less schools will use their board so they lose money

true as i say idk im hoping for low grade boundaries too
Reply 328
Original post by JTawn
Yesss I put the same 👍🏻

So the mutation question did say that the mutation less alpha secretase is made and more beta is instead or not?
Original post by lilyjacks
Mitochondria question - was it cristae or matrix?

i put cristae wby
Don't know if anyone's asked this already or not but what did you guys put for the resynthesis of ATP?
Original post by sharmonraja
I said active transport and movement (ATP energy needed in muscle tissues), is that correct?

I put active transport and muscle contraction
there is onnly 3 uses of atp that was in the book Active transport protein snythesis ad muscle contraction
How many marks was the statistical test worth?
Original post by lilyjacks
How many marks was the statistical test worth?

2 marks I think.
Im thinking in the next exam its just gonna be all mass transport, exchange and genetic and biodiversity as there was none on this exam. Maybe some immunity, probs not.
Reply 335
I put active transport and muscle contraction
there is onnly 3 uses of atp that was in the book Active transport protein snythesis ad muscle contraction

I'm not 100% sure but when the question said what do "Cells" use ATP for, I crossed out muscle contraction because not all cells are muscle tissues.

I put DNA Replication and Active Transport, but I'm probably wrong aha
Reply 336
Original post by CrazyFool229
I put down that they could have similar shaped active sites because only the secondary structure was affected as the only thing different was the fact one was Alpha and one was Beta, so the tertiary structure could be the same so it could be a similar 3D Shape for both.

I think the answer was that they were isomers
Original post by Namita Gurung
Don't know if anyone's asked this already or not but what did you guys put for the resynthesis of ATP?

The enzyme ATP synthase catalyses the condensation reaction of ADP + Pi --> ATP with the input of energy
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by eleanor99
What type of bond did everyone put for the one mark multiple choice?

I said ionic because in a cellulose molecule the bonds that hold them next to each other are ionic and the bonds that lay them parallel to each other are hydrogen? Dunno if I'm right though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 339
For the vaccine one, I put phagocyte engulfs the weak or dead pathogen and presets the antigen and the T cell binds and activates B cells and so on, is the first part right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending