The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Biology Unit 1 26th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

I put circular strand of DNA is this right??
Original post by Ordo
I cannot find it but I can make one

Sure, link me? :smile:
Original post by NK18444
I put circular strand of DNA is this right??

Yeh, I forgot to put circular 😑
Original post by Bennyab
You're over complicating it, the lactase hydrolysed triglycerides into fatty acids and glycerol hence the decrease in pH

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not the point
Trigllyceride already has 3 Fatty acids and 1 Glycerol sochudrolysing them just seperates them. No net gain. Only water is added when hydrolysis takes place
Would circular chromosome be accepted??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 285
(edited 7 years ago)
Was question about change in ph 2 marks?
Original post by fugeefari
Was question about change in ph 2 marks?

Just 1

Posted from TSR Mobile

The one with hydrolysis of triglyceride to fatty acids?
Hey guys for the ph meter, i put the ph meter will produce numerical data, so it is objective, wherea, the ph indicator is subjective ?
Will this be right ?
Reply 290
Original post by fugeefari
The one with hydrolysis of triglyceride to fatty acids?

Yes, fatty acids are acidic so lower the pH
Reply 291
Original post by jadder1224
Hey guys for the ph meter, i put the ph meter will produce numerical data, so it is objective, wherea, the ph indicator is subjective ?
Will this be right ?

Yes its correct. I put 'ph meter will give you more precise result' - would that still be right?
Original post by Ordo
Yes its correct. I put 'ph meter will give you more precise result' - would that still be right?

Sounds right to me, cos it gives you a precise number :smile:
Reply 293
Original post by Hussain96
Would circular chromosome be accepted??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think so. A circular bacterial chromosome is a bacterial chromosome in the form of a molecule of circular DNA. Any of these words - Circular chromosome/plasmid/loop of DNA/Circular DNA is correct.
I put it has no nucleus, the dna is free in the matrix
Just a quick question:

For the questions On triglycerides and pH. I spoke about how the products of hydrolysis have a lower pH than the products which means that there is a higher concentration of H+ because I wasn't Certain if I should mention fatty acids or not. I know it's quite a bit of chemistry but would I at least get some marks since it is scientifically correct but doesn't use biological key terms.

Also, is it ok to say for the question on why mitochondria comes from bacteria that it has a double membrane?
Guys, honestly what would you say the grade boundaries will be? To be honest i found it more difficult than last year
Reply 297
Original post by jadder1224
I put it has no nucleus, the dna is free in the matrix

It is right but I'm not sure tbh. You could get a mark.
Horrible paper :frown:
Original post by nk18444
on the last question i talked about how oxygen is a small, fat soluble, uncharged molecule that can pass through the fluidity if the phosphlipid bilayer
i put that the chloride ions are charged, water soluble and large therefore cannot diffuse through the membrane
i talked about facilitated diffusion with carrier proteins and diffusion with water filled protein channels
do you think this is okay for all 5 marks?
I didn't like the paper. I enjoyed doing past papers for biol1 and this caught me off guard.

Nk

i wrote that too snapsss

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending