The Student Room Group

AQA Biology AS New Spec - 26th May and 7th June

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Whatevenemily
I said ionic because in a cellulose molecule the bonds that hold them next to each other are ionic and the bonds that lay them parallel to each other are hydrogen? Dunno if I'm right though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ionic molecules are bonds between two metals arent they?
Original post by lilyjacks
How many marks was the statistical test worth?

Just 1
what was the calibration curve about? anyone get an answer?
Original post by SM-
For the vaccine one, I put phagocyte engulfs the weak or dead pathogen and presets the antigen and the T cell binds and activates B cells and so on, is the first part right?

Its what I put cause that is what happens for creation of antibodies as far as I know!
Original post by liziepie
The enzyme ATP synthase catalyses the condensation reaction of ADP + Pi --> ATP with the input of energy

Kay thanks
Original post by 10moxoma

Its about getting set concentrations of glucose and looking at what value you get on a colorimeter and then turning that into a graph which can be used to estimate concentration values from colorimeter values from testing the original solution.
Reply 346
Original post by jamiechristie

Two charged particles, so yes ionic is present in Metals and Metals/Non-metal compounds and tertiary structures of proteins :smile:
Original post by SM-
For the vaccine one, I put phagocyte engulfs the weak or dead pathogen and presets the antigen and the T cell binds and activates B cells and so on, is the first part right?

You were supposed to talk about B cells and how they take in the virus by exocytosis and present its antigens so a T cell attaches to it and it stimulates the B cell to divide. Plasma cells are formed these produces antibodies that would be produced by the b cell
Reply 348
Original post by 10moxoma

I talked about putting samples into cuvettes and testing them in colorimeter; and referencing the calorimeter against water. Idk whether that's what it's asking though xD
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by JTawn
I talked about putting samples into cuvettes and testing them in calorimeter; and referencing the calorimeter against water. Idk whether that's what it's asking though xD
I talked about how it works and light absorbtion is measured which can be used to detect amount of maltose
Original post by aaaabbbbddulll
what about question on atp

You were supposed to talk about how ATP Synthase catalyses the reaction of ADP + Pi -> ATP :smile:
Original post by SFK537
I think the answer was that they were isomers

That's what I said them basically, I just didn't specifically use the word isomers. Darn it.
If you're referring to question 9 about how the enzyme could still act on them, it was because they were isomers. Which means they had the same chemical formula but their structure varied.

I put standard deviation, but I'm hearing loads of **** like ELIZA tests and T-Test.
You could use standard deviation to measure the IQR of the mean, the T-Test I'm not sure but it relates to the mean, chi-squared test (?) or ELIZA for color standard. I have no idea what the right answer would be though.

Your idea about isomerism is probably not the idea they were looking for, it is the active site of the enzyme that determines what is complementary, a different structure would change the active site completely (like non-competitive inhibition), the content specified that it was a protein COMPLEX, it was looking for the idea that both alpha-secretase and beta-secretase could act as an enzyme on DIFFERENT areas of the substrate.

You couldn't use standard deviation as that is to do with the area around the mean, in the specification it specifically says that you use the Student's T-Test to compare means.
(edited 7 years ago)
What was the answer to the questions on the first page and the semi conservative one
Original post by Junior567
I put active transport and muscle contraction
there is onnly 3 uses of atp that was in the book Active transport protein snythesis ad muscle contraction

You use it in translation when the tRNA bonds to an amino acid.
Original post by Paper_souls
Its about getting set concentrations of glucose and looking at what value you get on a colorimeter and then turning that into a graph which can be used to estimate concentration values from colorimeter values from testing the original solution.

Pretty sure the question was about maltose, you produce a set of known concentrations of maltose and use the colorimeter to produce varied absorption values for the concentrations, and compare the absorption of the solution at the different intervals with your known calibration curve to quantitatively determine the concentrations.

Ionic bonds are between metals and non-metals, and the correct answer is Hydrogen bonds
Original post by Whatevenemily
I said ionic because in a cellulose molecule the bonds that hold them next to each other are ionic and the bonds that lay them parallel to each other are hydrogen? Dunno if I'm right though

Posted from TSR Mobile

actually i think thats wat the mean by hold them next to each other and couldnt b ionic because cellulose is made of hydrogen oxygen and carbon no mettalic element to provide ionic bond

metal and non metal
Original post by JTawn
I talked about putting samples into cuvettes and testing them in colorimeter; and referencing the calorimeter against water. Idk whether that's what it's asking though xD

i put that damn i hope i got it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending