The Student Room Group

Edexcel Mathematics A Higher GCSE - Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by PolarisVega
What did everyone get for the question where you had to find the shaded area of the square with the circle in it?

100-25pie
Is 65 marks alright in paper 1 do you guys think?
Original post by TheyCallMeSir
I did that too xD But all my friends were like NO YOU IDIOT... :frown:
It is the most sensible thing to do right?

YAS OFCOURSE IT IS. I thought you were meant to do it....they definately wouldn't mark you down for it
Original post by Fractite
I simplified it down to 4 - pi, but I'm not too sure if that's right as they're two seperate values (if that makes sense). But if you factorised 100 - 25pi, you'd get 4 - pi, so that may be correct.

Generally, I found that exam to be pretty easy - I'm hoping I get around 96 or 97 (I haven't got 100 lol).

I put 25(4-pi) instead of just 4-pi, because the answer is actually 100-25pi, I just factorised it, but it means the same thing.
YES SAAAME!i forgot to go to the circle theorem Q as well... I remembered 2 mins before the end and I made a squeaky noise, everyone tutted at me but they took the paper right before I could work out the final answer, hopefully I only lost one mark, cuz you see I told myself I was Gona come back to it but I forgot, THIS IS ALWAYSSSS MY PROBLEM!
Reply 65
Original post by Dizgurl
I put 25(4-pi) instead of just 4-pi, because the answer is actually 100-25pi, I just factorised it, but it means the same thing.

So if i wrote 4-pi is that still correct?
Reply 66
Original post by Sam_-_
what did you get for the activities day question ?

I think that it was 11
Original post by negzi
So if i wrote 4-pi is that still correct?

No idea...idk if I'm correct either
Reply 68
Original post by wildjones
Pretty sure I got that wrong too, something like 100-25Pi and I knew it was wrong:frown:

That's right but then you have to simplify it further to 25(4- pi)
Original post by abbeyak
I did the exact same thing, the graph questions were awful too! i didn't even consider looking at angle bisectors either so i can tell i've lost a lot of marks. A lot of people came out saying the exam was easy and i just broke down into tears. I cant believe i even got the varnish one wrong too, i said she had enough :frown:

Don't worry. I did that too. Hopefully we can make the marks up in the calculator paper even though it is usually harder but i suppose we do have calculators ??x
Original post by JakeTurner16
Is 65 marks alright in paper 1 do you guys think?

You've already got your C if it's accurate enough and the mark scheme from November hasn't changed much, fingers crossed
Reply 71
Original post by nicolebodgersxo
Don't worry. I did that too. Hopefully we can make the marks up in the calculator paper even though it is usually harder but i suppose we do have calculators ??x

i usually do better in calculator paper, I reckon ive got at least 57/100 on that paper, 67 at the most... I'm gutted because i know i could get an a* but ive got no chance now, especially as that was an easy paper according to everyone on twitter so the boundaries will be high. I just hope they follow the trend of lowering them and i get like 95/100 on the calc which is unlikely lol
I got 67-78 marks, 67 being harsh and only given marks for exact answer, and 78 for answers + working out. Could someone please tell me what grade it is and how many more marks do i need for an A, and is it possible to get an A*, thanks x
Reply 73
Original post by mariyahx
I got 67-78 marks, 67 being harsh and only given marks for exact answer, and 78 for answers + working out. Could someone please tell me what grade it is and how many more marks do i need for an A, and is it possible to get an A*, thanks x

id deffo say you can get an a*, last year was 155 for a*, but i reckon the boudaries this year will be 162-167. If you do well in the calc you can. Id say at best ive got 67 :frown:
Please remove the paper and tell your teacher he lost a mark but not giving an answer in its simplest form -

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending