The Student Room Group

Edexcel Maths grade boundaries- what will 57 marks be?

I am just wondering if anyone knows what will 57 marks in the edexcel maths non-calculator paper will be? possibly a very low A if everyone has done badly, thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Probably a B.
Reply 2
Original post by Rajive
Probably a B.
a high B then, will it be around 125 marks for an A this year again or lower or higher?
Reply 3
Original post by mattybull007
a high B then, will it be around 125 marks for an A this year again or lower or higher?

Probably higher like : 130-134 seeming as most people did not find it as challenging as last year. However, it was slightly tricky, so maybe 129
Reply 4
What about A* ive done pretty well according to mark scheme..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by iLukeAi
Most likely a strong B. They could pushthe grade boundaries down though, alot of people did find it difficult so who knows:smile:
OK thanks!
Original post by mattybull007

Last year's grade boundaries are exceptionally low, and from what I've heard, although this paper was hard, it was easier than last year's, so it is likely to be around 130ish (maybe a little higher) at a guess for an A. Remember that there are two papers though, and if the second paper is exceptionally easy or hard, this could change dramatically.
Reply 7
Original post by TheDragonGuy
Last year's grade boundaries are exceptionally low, and from what I've heard, although this paper was hard, it was easier than last year's, so it is likely to be around 130ish (maybe a little higher) at a guess for an A. Remember that there are two papers though, and if the second paper is exceptionally easy or hard, this could change dramatically.
ok cheers, just need to do well in this next paper!
nearly 63 become A- so 57 will be B

but it was alright :smile: it was more easier than last year
No.. no one knows for sure.

Good luck :h:
Original post by ksj.11

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same, I think it will be around 80-82 for an A*
Original post by qwerty0301
Same, I think it will be around 80-82 for an A*

That just a guess or you got anything to go with it?
Original post by Bernie2016
That just a guess or you got anything to go with it?

Just a rough estimate from looking at previous year's grade boundaries. Plus half my year came out of that exam saying it was really hard so I'm guessing a lot of ppl found it hard as well.
Reply 13
Original post by ksj.11

Posted from TSR Mobile

A* will probably like 160-180 between that because last year it was so low because it was hard but this year it wasn't hard so they'll most likely put it back up to the original amount for previous years which is like 167

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Predictions for what 65 is?
Just a rough estimate from looking at previous year's grade boundaries. Plus half my year came out of that exam saying it was really hard so I'm guessing a lot of ppl found it hard as well.

So do you think 88 (Which is what i got according to the mark scheme) would be a secure A*?
So do you think 88 (Which is what i got according to the mark scheme) would be a secure A*?

oh yeah definitely, well done btw :smile:
oh yeah definitely, well done btw :smile:

Thanks, what do you think you got according to the mark scheme?
Reply 18
How many marks do people think will be a C grade?
Thanks, what do you think you got according to the mark scheme?

95 by the looks of it lol. I messed up that perpendicular bisector from a point question and a few silly mistakes :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending