The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

For the solving equations graphically the last part it said to just find x value
I wrote down both x values and the y values.
Do you think they will deduct points off me
Original post by junayd1998
ffs it just says work out .. does not state simplify

Yh i nw i alsoost one mark
Original post by uw0tm9
I think I got around 80 in this one, does anyone know what I need in the calculator exam to have a good chance at getting A*?

around above 84
Original post by 34908seikj
Always simplify fractions...ALWAYS

No im not simplifying if it dont say f off edexcel gonna give it to me anyway/
Funny how according to yourself 7 hours ago, you didn't even sit the exam? How odd.

Lol
Original post by Moustafa123r
I got 89% is it A*

yea defo
Original post by jaspreetb
Do you guys think that the grade boundaries are going to be low?

i think they will be the same as every year. so 164 around for an A*
Original post by Undec
around above 84

The calculator test is almost always harder so I guess I'll just have to revise really ****in' hard. Thanks for the answer btw.
(edited 7 years ago)
No, it does't work like that.

i cancelled it down to 1-√6 / 4 (divided the three and 12 by 3)... Would that work..? The annoying thing is that i wrote the right answer (3-√6 /12) above it, but for some stupid reason i thought that i could simplify it further.. think I'll still get the mark for writing the correct answer even though my final answer was incorrect? :frown:
Original post by J-ved
What grade is 76 - 80 marks?

I got the same mark between that range, hopefully for the sake of us two that will have a moderately of strong chance of helping us get an A* overall. You will probably need 86 in the calculater paper to secure an A*, just in case they do not lower the grade boundaries. But good luck mate!
Original post by Samantha2009
Hi I think you've made a big mistake some kids are doing maths GCSE tommorow I think you need to take this down

This is for the Edexcel only Maths GCSEs, you must be doing AQA or WJEC, Edexcel would never let open a paper one day and use the same one next day as it would be very unfair for everyone as the next day students could cheat and get higher marks. All exam boards uses different questions and different style of it. I assure you that none of the answer/questions on here will be on the tomorrow maths GCSEs paper. Maybe you've gotten the exam board messed up because Edexcel isn't stupid enough to repeat the paper, hope your students get the marks they want:smile:
Original post by Zx12r1
is 85/100 an a*?

yes
For the estimating one I did 900 divided by 18 (rather than rounding 18.7 to 20) and got 50 days. Would I still get the marks do you think??
Btw does anyone think that paper was harder than all the recent papers?
Original post by Anygy
i cancelled it down to 1-√6 / 4 (divided the three and 12 by 3)... Would that work..? The annoying thing is that i wrote the right answer (3-√6 /12) above it, but for some stupid reason i thought that i could simplify it further.. think I'll still get the mark for writing the correct answer even though my final answer was incorrect? :frown:

You will get 2/3. And the cancelling was silly because your final answer was a negative value... for an area lmao
Original post by Rakstar
Btw does anyone think that paper was harder than all the recent papers?

Easier.
For the crisps question, I wrote that the sample wouldn't be suitable as adults tend to go food shopping so adults would be a better target audience than the maths class :smile: do you think I would get the mark for that??
No, it does't work like that.

you can cancel down by 3
What do you think the grade boundaries will be out of 200 for an A? I got roughly 63-70 on this and I'm just hoping it's around 130 rather than 139 like one of the years.
Original post by Sophia369
For the crisps question, I wrote that the sample wouldn't be suitable as adults tend to go food shopping so adults would be a better target audience than the maths class :smile: do you think I would get the mark for that??

eh if you get a nice examiner maybe, probably not though they're looking for something like sample size is too small, as a result it does not represent the general populous etc..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending