The Student Room Group

Petition to lower gcse maths edexcel grade boundaries 2016

Ok never mind,
(edited 7 years ago)
They move anyway to give certain proportions of candidates each grade. You're a retard if you think a petition will do anything meaningful
Original post by Sumayyah K
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/lower-grade-boundaries-maths-edexcel-2016

Press the link and sign please to help petition to lower the grade boundaries if you found the paper hard. Thanks! :smile:

Don't waste your time - grade boundaries aren't even set yet!
Why would they lower the grade boundaries because of this? They decide the grade boundaries on the percentage of students that get a certain mark. For example, the top 10% get A*
No. Seriously stop this now. You can just start up petitions because YOU found the exam hard. There will always be a range of different views on any exam. Last year it was plausible, but not this time. The exam was do-able:smile:
The grade boundaries will reflect the difficulty of the paper. The same proportion of people will achieve a grade A as any other paper.

Making a petition is pointless and they are always ignored.
Original post by an_atheist
They move anyway to give certain proportions of candidates each grade. You're a retard if you think a petition will do anything meaningful

so they aren't allowed/very unlikely to give, say, 45% of candidates A*-A grades even if they are worthy? Never known if this was just a myth or if they are really only allowed to give out a certain number of grades so mark some papers harshly.
Wait, but aren't they more likely to give out more A*-A grades if they want to make it seem like our country is doing better academically
I looked at the paper and it was easier then last year. If everyone found an exam easy it isn't doing its job.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fishandrice
No. Seriously stop this now. You can just start up petitions because YOU found the exam hard. There will always be a range of different views on any exam. Last year it was plausible, but not this time. The exam was do-able:smile:

Last year it wasn't plausible, everything was within syllabus.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Last year it wasn't plausible, everything was within syllabus.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Comparing it to the past papers students had revised from, some questions were a little bit unexpected, although I don't think it was too bad (or worthy of the label "A-level maths questions")
Original post by fishandrice
Comparing it to the past papers students had revised from, some questions were a little bit unexpected, although I don't think it was too bad (or worthy of the label "A-level maths questions":wink:

I don't know if i'm crazy or what but i found i absolutely fine! Apart from that probability question but then i always find that difficult so...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending