The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Do you think they will accept a small range of answers for the quadratic graph question ? e.g x = -1.0 to -1.2 for 19 (b)
Original post by Gabika1979
49 happy but annoyed I didn't do better. I really want 'B'!

You can do it:h:, try make up the marks in calculator paper to secure the B
Original post by Zhundo
Do you think they will accept a small range of answers for the quadratic graph question ? e.g x = -1.0 to -1.2 for 19 (b)

Yes, usually their's a ±0.2 lenience.
Reply 1663
On the simaltanious equations question (with the quadratic graph) I wrote 1.5 and 4.5 would I be looking at any marks
Original post by LogicalFallacy
I'll create a foundation one here too.

When will you be doing a foundation one?x
Do you think the calculator paper will be much harder? I scored around 64-69 on this and I'm going to have to score around 72-73 on calculator to bump it up to a secure A.
Reply 1666
Anyone got the grade boundaries for higher?
How many marks would I get for this http://prntscr.com/b8sewx I didnt get time to use the quadratic formula would I end up still getting 2 out of 3 marks?
What are the grade boundaries for this paper?
Original post by 34908seikj
Yes, usually their's a ±0.2 lenience.

Good. I think that the numbers I got were around the ones in this thread but I am not sure if they are the exact same.
Original post by junayd1998
How many marks would I get for this http://prntscr.com/b8sewx I didnt get time to use the quadratic formula would I end up still getting 2 out of 3 marks?

1/3, you didn't factorise and didn't get the correct answers.
Hi, could i get some help on Question 18, what did that involve again? Thanks
Can anyone remind me what question 18 is about please? I'm trying to recall what answer I put.
Wasn't number 24) 100 not -100 unless you just meant it as a dash rather than a negative sign:biggrin:
Any guesses on the grade boundaries for this paper? thanks. I know no one will know for sure but an estimate would be great, thanks :smile:
Original post by HateOCR
HERE IS THE LINK TO THE PAPER GUYS: http://mrkibria.weebly.com/uploads/7..._mr_kibria.pdf
Can you please comment or reply to me and tell me what you got roughly? I got 75 out of 100

49-53/100. Happy.Could do more if I haven't run out of time though. Annoyed.
Original post by lukejameskilleen
Hi, could i get some help on Question 18, what did that involve again? Thanks

Mixed numbers

A) 1 1/5 * 2 1/3

B) 2 7/15 - 1 2/3
Original post by hhannah_b
Aw! Yeah I wished I didn't do decimals that way I would have got it right :frown: but oh well hopefully we'll get one mark!

Do you get a mark for putting
3.5 x 10^?
--------------
5 x 10^?
I put = X 10^8
I knew the x 10 bit but didn't know what was the first number. I tried working it out on the side of the page..
----
Then tried putting extra one in for all to see if it add up to 3.5 and it went on for ages...😐 Gave up after 10 minutes, luckily I had extra time so I finished others, couldn't do the last 3 questions and some questions so I left some working outs to hopefully earn at least 1 or 2 marks.
All together I think I got 49 to 53 marks. Hopefully I'll doreally good on on the calculator paper and boost to maybe a A or a B:smile:
Original post by LogicalFallacy
I'll create a foundation one here too.

Wher is the foundation one
Also for one of the midpoint co-ordinates for one of the questions I have put the midpoint of the y being 4.75. Is it correct?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending