Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rajboy3
last que. v hard
:mad::mad::mad::mad:

My solution to the last question:

Original post by Esra Oksuz
Is the calc meant to be harder?

Thats what they usually do, they make it harder because you have the calculator to help you
Original post by lukejameskilleen
Would you get any marks for 2 12/15 instead of 2 4/5?
Thank you

You *should* get full marks unless the question explicitly asked for it to be simplified fully. In which case you would only drop 1 mark maximum.
Thank you

Im unsure. sorry.
Original post by TheYearNiner
... You know he isn't getting that.

Thats just rude. If I try I will.
Original post by 34908seikj
well that's what the unofficial mark scheme from the teacher has is at. I can't remember what I put down for it now. You might be right though

The coordinates of P are 5,7 and M is 1,2.5

So Qx = 5+x/2 = 1

5+x = 2
x=-3

Qy = 7+y/2 = 2.5
7+y = 5
y = -2

Therefore the coordinates of Q are -3, -2

Actually now acknowledging the question it must be 4.75 as the y co-ordinate for the midpoint because according to the rule of y1+y2/2 which we learn in further maths gcse. 2.5+7 = 9.5
Then you will need to divide 9.5 by 2 to get the midpoint. So it is 4.75 as the y co-ordinate
Thank you

I don't think so, however I could be wrong.
The angie question is 50 cm squared as you spilt the two squares which are five 2 take off 6 is 4 then times ten is 40 surely ?
I don't think so, however I could be wrong.

2 12/15 is equvilent to 2 4/5 so I think you would unless it said to express in simplest forms
Original post by Rakstar
Actually now acknowledging the question it must be 4.75 as the y co-ordinate for the midpoint because according to the rule of y1+y2/2 which we learn in further maths gcse. 2.5+7 = 9.5
Then you will need to divide 9.5 by 2 to get the midpoint. So it is 4.75 as the y co-ordinate

That doesn't make sense you have the mid point and point P. P is given as (5,7) the midpoint is (1,2.5) therefore the Q y coordinate must be <2.5

What I did was correct.
I thought the paper was alright, I made a lot of silly little mistakes. I think that i got 77-82 marks. How much would i need on paper two to get an A*

Also, i know that it's not possible to predict the grade boundaries until paper two (which i believe is going to be much more difficult) but how high or low do you think they will be.

Thank you and Good luck. x
Original post by LivMalseed
Do you get a mark for putting
3.5 x 10^?
--------------
5 x 10^?
I put = X 10^8
I knew the x 10 bit but didn't know what was the first number. I tried working it out on the side of the page..
----
Then tried putting extra one in for all to see if it add up to 3.5 and it went on for ages...😐 Gave up after 10 minutes, luckily I had extra time so I finished others, couldn't do the last 3 questions and some questions so I left some working outs to hopefully earn at least 1 or 2 marks.
All together I think I got 49 to 53 marks. Hopefully I'll doreally good on on the calculator paper and boost to maybe a A or a B:smile:

You should be fine! Don't worry :smile: I just made that silly mistake and my wording might have been a bit off so I may have lost some marks on those
Reply 1712
Could you have had 4 over 100 instead of 0.04?
Original post by Esra Oksuz
I got 68 out of 100. What grade would that be? And could I possibly get an A* with both papers combined?

What would it be for a grade c ?
Came out of the exam half-confident, but will now work my buttcheeks off for paper 2 bc I sure as hell haven't got the grade I wanted. (made the mistake of looking through the unofficial markscheme, and ohoohho boy I got it so wrong) Why are so many of you mathematical geniuses, I cannot fathom this, ;_____;
The unofficial mark scheme says i got around 70 something, i need to ace the calculator paper to get an A* :frown:
Original post by 1999Morgan
The angie question is 50 cm squared as you spilt the two squares which are five 2 take off 6 is 4 then times ten is 40 surely ?

No, you work out the big area, which is 6m*10m = 60m^2
then you work out the space in-between the two squares, which is 2m*5m=10m^2

Therefore total area = 60m^2-10m^2 = 50m^2
You will get 2/3. And the cancelling was silly because your final answer was a negative value... for an area lmao

Oops, think i'd just lost it by that point lol.. :colondollar:
How do you have the paper?
for question 15, I only compared the interquartile range and median (with evidence and data from the box plot)..would I only get 2 out of 3 marks?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending