The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Mathematics A - Paper 3H - 2016 - Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alksksfkjdf
Okay mate, i literally just created this account because you are either an amazing troll or actually slightly inept. Your answers are just plain wrong (at least the ones at the beginning of this thread) and so is your method, so shut up and listen to other people okay?.
Also I googled your school because you were so amazingly adamant and i first came across some chart house seafood restuarant.
Then I googled 'charter house school' and y'know what came up?
Capture.PNG
Makes complete sense.

Dude don't worry about it, Charterhouse are a cr*p school, they just pay massive amounts in school fees. RGS is the real deal. Because Charterhouse are SEN kids they have to pay more.
Reply 401
Original post by cornflakeexpert
what kind of topics are we looking at coming up in 4H? (praying for surds)

Original post by BOBQ
I think 4H will be easier because the 3H wasdifficult

Working on it. Just need to jog my memory of what came up on this paper.
Vectors for sure though and function notation.
Original post by DreamingBigger
I can't remember what I got but isn't the volume the length ratio cubed?

You must square root the scale factor of area, to get the scale factor of length. Then you cube it to get the scale factor of volume.
Original post by sivthasan
I don't understand your reasoning for it being incorrect. I'm almost 100% sure the answer was 102.4cm^3.

Yes, i gave the working above.
Reply 404
Original post by aaroncolby777
Probably 4 out of 6 because you got everything right but you did addition instead of subtraction so theres one mark gone and you got the answer wrong so another mark gone.

Thx cos I multiplied by 7.5 instead of 6.5 for the area of isosceles
4H = Surds, indicies, inequalities, vectors, some sort of hard algebraic simplification and function notation.
Reply 406
I don't understand your reasoning for it being incorrect. I'm almost 100% sure the answer was 102.4cm^3.

If they are identical copies, just one is 2.5 times as large then the proportions have to be the same. This means that on the larger vase as the surface area is smaller than the volume this has to be the same for the smaller vase. Therefore 102.4, an answer I also came to at first, can not possibly be correct as it is smaller than 120 (the volume).
I always get stuck with functions I can only do the f(x) part and the inverse but never the gf(x)
Question 15 was 102.4
Reply 409
Transformations on 4H?
guys how did everyone get 1000+ for the sphere question? i did what my friends did but they got in the 1000s and i got 8
It might sound confusing but the volume can be smaller than the surface area, because they are different units (cm^2, not cm^3).
Reply 412
Question (17 I think) was 8 for the value of X on the trapezium
Reply 413
Original post by Martins1
4H = Surds, indicies, inequalities, vectors, some sort of hard algebraic simplification and function notation.

Yes nice predictions.

Original post by BOBQ
Transformations on 4H?

Yep possibly.
You must square root the scale factor of area, to get the scale factor of length. Then you cube it to get the scale factor of volume.

Yeah that's what I did 😊
Reply 415
It might sound confusing but the volume can be smaller than the surface area, because they are different units (cm^2, not cm^3).

I don't think so, sorry.
Reply 416
Who wants a paper 4H predictions check list once I have it?
Reply 417
Original post by Martins1
Yes, i gave the working above.

for the set notaion what did you say for the last part because there is no commen letter bettwen the two right ?
Original post by _Xenon_
Who wants a paper 4H predictions check list once I have it?

pls!
Okay man, no offense but youre wrong, like the IGCSETANK guy. Think about it like this:
1x1x1 cube: SA = 6cm^2, vol = 1cm^3
10x10x10 cube: SA = 600cm^2 vol = 1000cm^3 (think SA:vol ratio in biology?)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending