The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

This years paper was way harder than last year
Original post by chassan
for question 15, I only compared the interquartile range and median (with evidence and data from the box plot)..would I only get 2 out of 3 marks?

me too, i think the rest was to show workings??
Original post by chassan
for question 15, I only compared the interquartile range and median (with evidence and data from the box plot)..would I only get 2 out of 3 marks?

No, that's all you need for the 3 marks.
Reply 1723
Please create a foundation one
Original post by goldenusername
This years paper was way harder than last year

I agree, i was a bit silly, i misunderstood the questions but hopefully i can get an A* through the calculator paper in my opinion i am much stronger in that one, last years paper including the hannah one i got 98/100 for that paper
(edited 7 years ago)
I think that i got 78 (lowest possible mark) how much more would i need for an A*? and grade boundary predictions?
Original post by Rakstar
I agree, i was a bit silly, i misunderstood the questions but hopefully i can get an A* through the calculator paper in my opinion i am much stronger in that one

Me too. Specially the graphical simultaneous one, and i didn't even try the last one lol
Original post by zczashx
I think that i got 78 (lowest possible mark) how much more would i need for an A*? and grade boundary predictions?

93+
Original post by luke.brown1999
I think I got around 57-58 marks what would that be roughly? and do you think that the grade boundaries will be lower because people have found this hard?

You should be secure 'B'. I gooe boundaries will be low as I personally thought it was a lot of working out for most of the questions.
I did 49-53points and although I am secure 'C', I really want 'B'!Must hope for the best in the calculator test.
Original post by zczashx

I think around the same marks in the next paper, or maybe 85 marks might get you an a*. I think last years grade boundary was 155 to get an A*?
I think around the same marks in the next paper, or maybe 85 marks might get you an a*. I think last years grade boundary was 155 to get an A*?

Last years paper was much much harder than this.

This exam as been super easy, expecting high grade boundaries.
Me too. Specially the graphical simultaneous one, and i didn't even try the last one lol

Haha I can feel your pain, oh well, the calculator paper probably might be more merciful
Correct!
Original post by ithinkitslily
how did people do the second construction question? the one where it had point P and you needed to make the perpendicular bisect of it and the line or whatever

Correct.

the first part of the question was reflection, and the second part was rotating anticlockwise.

Yeah I've seen that from Instagram but how did he(or you ) get a copy of the paper to be giving out answers?????
Q4 expand and simplify is 10 + m

Q6 is 54
That paper was SO BEAUTIFUL :banana::banana::banana:
Original post by 34908seikj
No, that's all you need for the 3 marks.

okay cool, thanks!
Original post by chassan

Yeah I would imagine so. DW though 2 marks is better than nothing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending