The Student Room Group

Core 2 AQA AS - Poll, Predicted Grade Boundaries & Unofficial Mark Scheme

Poll

How was the AQA Core 2 May 2016 Paper?

NOTE THAT THIS POLL IS ONLY FOR AQA CORE 2, NOT FOR ANY OTHER EXAM BOARDS

This is a poll for the Core 2 AQA AS May 2016 exam today. How did you find it?

Feel free to discuss what you think the boundaries are and/or your thoughts and feelings on the paper. :smile:

Unofficial mark scheme: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4117569

Here are my personal predicted boundaries based on this poll and comparison with previous paper boundaries:

Full UMS - 72
A - 57
B - 49
C - 41
D - 33
E - 26

NOTE: Altered the boundaries slightly - marks for A and B have been increased by 1.
(edited 7 years ago)
:bump: Just in case anyone didn't see this thread :biggrin:
Reply 2
Imo it was a lot easier than c1, and the last log question was very similar to that of 2015, overall I found 9a(the log question quite hard) and the second trig with PI but other then that it was quite easy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beth000
Imo it was a lot easier than c1, and the last log question was very similar to that of 2015, overall I found 9a(the log question quite hard) and the second trig with PI but other then that it was quite easy

Posted from TSR Mobile

I messed up the trig question slightly - I didn't realise tanx = 1 was a possibility which is annoying, but, hey ho.
:bump:
Reply 6
How accurate are those grade boundaries? As I think I got 56 ish?
Original post by Tarlius
How accurate are those grade boundaries? As I think I got 56 ish?

They are based off of these poll results and comparing the paper to other papers, as well as what other people have generally said about it.

They are not entirely accurate, as they are a prediction, so please don't rely on these too heavily. However, 56 would almost certainly be a safe B if not an A, so well done :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
Thanks, Arghh So annoyed though! Could have quite easily picked up another 5/6 marks!! And I'm gutted now because I think I only got about 55 on C1 and really need an A this year so pretty much need full UMS on stats :/
Original post by Tarlius
Thanks, Arghh So annoyed though! Could have quite easily picked up another 5/6 marks!! And I'm gutted now because I think I only got about 55 on C1 and really need an A this year so pretty much need full UMS on stats :/

I'm in the same boat, don't worry. Just hoping for low grade boundaries!!

I guess just over half term I'm gonna have to perfect all of my stats knowledge:eek::dance:
Original post by Rhaq
I think i have 60ish marks in C2 is this a safe A? How many UMS points do you think it would equate to?

It's very likely that 60 will be an A. 60 would probably be low/mid 80's in terms of UMS.
Original post by beth000

Posted from TSR Mobile

Literally exactly the same. Much easier than Core 1; the only two nasty questions were the first log question and the pi one. Thankfully I did make the equation equal to 2 and got pi as my answer, but I've dropped marks on 9a.
Original post by Chickenslayer69
NOTE THAT THIS POLL IS ONLY FOR AQA CORE 2, NOT FOR ANY OTHER EXAM BOARDS

This is a poll for the Core 2 AQA AS May 2016 exam today. How did you find it?

Feel free to discuss what you think the boundaries are and/or your thoughts and feelings on the paper. :smile:

Unofficial mark scheme: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4117569

Here are my personal predicted boundaries based on this poll and comparison with previous paper boundaries:

Full UMS - 72
A - 57
B - 49
C - 41
D - 33
E - 26

NOTE: Altered the boundaries slightly - marks for A and B have been increased by 1.

I thought it was a nice Core 2 exam with the exception of the first log question and finding the minimum value for the cos question.

My predicted grades are:

Core 1
A - 58
B - 53
C - 48

Core 2
A - 61
B - 56
C - 51
Original post by jake4198
I thought it was a nice Core 2 exam with the exception of the first log question and finding the minimum value for the cos question.

My predicted grades are:

Core 1
A - 58
B - 53
C - 48

Core 2
A - 61
B - 56
C - 51

58 for C1? Found C1 wayyyyyyyyyyy easier than C2.
58 for C1? Found C1 wayyyyyyyyyyy easier than C2.

The general consensus is that it was the hardest Core 1 exam to date. I personally found it alright, however it was definitely harder than last year.
I messed up the trig question slightly - I didn't realise tanx = 1 was a possibility which is annoying, but, hey ho.

don't call me a hoe
Original post by Ben Knightly
don't call me a hoe

hoe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending