The Student Room Group

do you look and act your physical age?

I'm 21, have been told that i look between 16 and 20 but act like someone in their mid to late twenties. (my friends used to call me a middle aged teenager)

What about you? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I guess when my face is shaved people think at least on here I'm taking a levels -_-
Me mam tells me I act a kid, but that's just women complaining :colone:
I look much younger, I'm 17 and I got asked for ID at a 12 film... It's partly how I dress to be fair, but even so!

How I act? I oscillate between acting 7 and 37:biggrin:
Reply 3
I'm 19 and people think I look older, 21+. I guess I can be pretty mature for my age, considering how mature the average university male is lol.

But when I'm cracking jokes with friends I act like I'm 17. So it depends on the context, I guess.
Original post by Vicky628
I look much younger, I'm 17 and I got asked for ID at a 12 film... It's partly how I dress to be fair, but even so!

How I act? I oscillate between acting 7 and 37:biggrin:

I remember the pain of being id'd for a 15 but not having got my provisional at that point, i do wonder if people feel i dress a bit young but otherwise i dont know what it is.
Reply 5
I'm 17. I look 16/17 but I act depending on a situation, at some times I'm 40, other times I'm 12.
Original post by eden3
I'm 19 and people think I look older, 21+. I guess I can be pretty mature for my age, considering how mature the average university male is lol.

But when I'm cracking jokes with friends I act like I'm 17. So it depends on the context, I guess.

I guess context can have a difference on perceived age, at one point people in uni thought i was 25 because i knew how to budget properly and didnt live for the weekend per say. I guess some men can go to university a little immature at times:P
Reply 7
I'm 23 and I look about 12 and still act like it too :laugh:
I still watch Scooby Doo and get pocket money and Disney toys from my gran :colondollar:

I'm mature in some ways which you have to be when you move out, get a partner but I'm still young at heart and don't see that ever changing
Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm 16, but people think I look like I'm in Year 8..

Spoiler

19 - look 20 irl maybe cos im over weight and that. Act mature when needed.
Original post by Hrdee
I'm 17. I look 16/17 but I act depending on a situation, at some times I'm 40, other times I'm 12.

Why do you say 40 at times? :P
21 and a few months ago (when I was clean shaven) I got asked for ID when going to see an 18+ film :colondollar: That's why I've got a beard now (think I look better with one anyway) :u:

And I get told that I act like someone in their mid-20s :lol:
Original post by TheOtherSide.
I'm 16, but people think I look like I'm in Year 8..

Spoiler

i have to say that i wouldnt have guessed 16, i thought you were around 18.
I'm 18, almost 19, and am the oldest out of my friend but people tend to think that I am the youngest. I think it's probably because I act quite childish and because I dress less maturely i.e. wearing super hero t-shirts and t-shirts with silly things on. I always get asked for ID literally every where and they always looked shocked when I show them my drivers license :s-smilie:
Idk i think i look my age haha im 19
Act my age nope :biggrin:
I act like a 16 year old
I'm 22 but look like a teenager because I'm a manlet.
Reply 16
Original post by claireestelle
I guess context can have a difference on perceived age, at one point people in uni thought i was 25 because i knew how to budget properly and didnt live for the weekend per say. I guess some men can go to university a little immature at times:P

LOL :laugh: That's true, and there are some guys I look at thinking how did these lot make it to uni :tongue:

Whenever I've met older guys from sports and they've gotten to know me after while, they usually think I'm a postgrad student. Then I'm like "No mate, I'm actually first year undergraduate" :colondollar: They still treat me the same though, which is nice.
Original post by Spock's Socks
I'm 23 and I look about 12 and still act like it too :laugh:
I still watch Scooby Doo and get pocket money and Disney toys from my gran :colondollar:

I'm mature in some ways which you have to be when you move out, get a partner but I'm still young at heart and don't see that ever changing
Posted from TSR Mobile

There's nothing wrong with being a big kid at times :smile: yeah, i agree you do gain a sense of maturity when you leave home
i have to say that i wouldnt have guessed 16, i thought you were around 18.

I think a lot of people have told me that on here. It just proves my point. :lol:
Reply 19
Why do you say 40 at times? :P

I'll often be very mature about situations that somebody in my age group typically has no business being in, also I can get easily annoyed at people for doing things incorrectly, almost as if they were my own child. That's mainly just an annoying habit of mine.

I chose 40 specifically, because I always feel exactly like my father who - guess what - is 40.

Quick Reply

Latest