The Student Room Group

You can get a B on AQA English Literature Poetry without revising, right?

Left it too late. I made a thread like an hour ago but still haven't started.
depends on your interpretation
I'm not too good with poetry myself
but just go over SMILE structures for each poem
S-Smile
M-Meaning/Message
I-Imagery
L-Language
E-Effect
Original post by Jamie Vardy

I'm in the same boat lol, at the end of the day, with poetry it's all about your interpretation of the text. As long as you can back up what you're saying with appropriate quotes from the poem, a B should be in sight 👍 maybe even an A/A*...
Reply 3

How much do you know already?
image.jpg

Here's something that should help too.
The grade you get mostly depends on how go you are at writing essays but also how much knowledge you have about the poems. It isn't really about revising with most subjects, especially english but if you haven't retained the information from class then you will be screwed for the first half of the exam. But yeah we can't say what grade you are going to get without knowing how good you are which is what exams ultimately come down to.
Reply 6
Original post by luciie
How much do you know already?

**** all.
Reply 7
**** all.

You couldn't look at any of the poems and pick out at least one thing to write about?

Yeah it's absolutely possible, but I suggest skimming over the poems and themes
please revise something!

go over how to analyse language, how to include context, key language... even minor things! it's possible that the revision of even one important term will save you that time thinking of how and what to write.

but, back to the actual question... it really depends on the content. if you're the type of person that retains a lot and is well-off even without revision, it's possible you could get a B. but if not... i suggest you revise lmao

HA look its a idiot who is content with a B on English?

Joking,but were'nt you the guy who mocked others saying "They should accept that they're going to get D's and C's"

Anyways use this guy J Brierly(for conflict).For releationships (MrBruff).My advice is that go through past papers,see which poems didn't come up and then disregard the most latest(for e.g,Mametx Wood came up last year,so no need to revise it this year)
How many paaragraphs do you need to write for section a and section b
Original post by attiabasiouny
How many paaragraphs do you need to write for section a and section b

it depends how many points you make and how well you expand them :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest