The Student Room Group

What's nightlife like in Oxford?

May be considering applying, obviously you shouldn't go to a uni just for nightlife but it would just be good to know what nightlife is like in the City, and how far is the uni from the city? I've searched 'nightlife in Oxford' on the Internet and from what came up,it all looks a bit 'Middle Agey' rather than 18-21 year old stuff
Reply 1
420 alldayeveryday
The uni is the city, pretty much. Look up Oxford on Google maps. All of the colleges and departments labeled are the university.

The night life is very 18-21 centric. I much preferred it to where I was before (London) where most clubs were full of 30 somethings and gangsta boys. Oxford student nights are all oxford students which is great (not to mention substantially cheaper).
My sister doesn't like the nightlife very much so her and her mates either went to London for clubbing or had house parties.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
My sister doesn't like the nightlife very much so her and her mates either went to London for clubbing or had house parties.

What does your sister study at Oxford?
Original post by zXcodeXz
What does your sister study at Oxford?

Languages. :smile: Why?
Languages. :smile: Why?

Just asking, are you hoping to study there?
Just asking, are you hoping to study there?

Oh God no! The city is beautiful in a very dreamy sort of way but I can't see myself there so I'm off to uni somewhere else next year :smile: And my grades in comparison to my sister's are abysmal :' )
Reply 8
I found the city extremely boring when I went. It was beautiful but very boring. You'll obviously have stuff to do everywhere, but given tin academic standards and the city itself it doesn't look very promising...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh God no! The city is beautiful in a very dreamy sort of way but I can't see myself there so I'm off to uni somewhere else next year :smile: And my grades in comparison to my sister's are abysmal :' )

They can't have been that bad
They can't have been that bad

My sister got straight A*s in GCSEs and I got As and Bs.

Anyway I doubt I'm going to apply for Oxford so :tongue:
Had one of the best pub crawls in Oxford back in my Rowing days. A good night out is always down to the people you're with, not where you go. Having said that, haven't heard great things about the nightlife.
My sister got straight A*s in GCSEs and I got As and Bs.

Anyway I doubt I'm going to apply for Oxford so :tongue:

Fair enough but in 2016 I'd be so lucky to get A's and B's

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending