The Student Room Group

Any General Studies advice?

paper one tomorrow!
I'm doing it too tomorrow! I haven't revised and I am currently just looking over the techniques. Have you revised? :smile:
Original post by govtandpolitics
I'm doing it too tomorrow! I haven't revised and I am currently just looking over the techniques. Have you revised? :smile:

Chemistry is also tomorrow for me so I've only done that so far :frown: not sure where to find any resources for General Studies tbh, are you also AQA?
Original post by theguywhosaidhi
Chemistry is also tomorrow for me so I've only done that so far :frown: not sure where to find any resources for General Studies tbh, are you also AQA?

Good luck with your chemistry :smile: well its very hard to revise for general studies, as it is so "general" :/ Yeah I'm AQA, I don't have any resources either, I'm just looking over my notes on how long to spend on each question...
Good luck with your chemistry :smile: well its very hard to revise for general studies, as it is so "general" :/ Yeah I'm AQA, I don't have any resources either, I'm just looking over my notes on how long to spend on each question...

sorry for the late reply, can you share the timings? me and a friend are interested :smile:
Reply 5
Am so not ready for this :frown:
sorry for the late reply, can you share the timings? me and a friend are interested :smile:

Sure :smile:
Section A - Q1 - 30 multiple choice questions - 30marks
Spend around 30 mins on this section.

Section B:
Q2 - 3marks - Spend around 5 minutes.
Q3 - 5marks - Spend around 5 minutes.
Q4 - 13marks - Spend around 25 minutes.
Q5 - 14marks - spend around 25 minutes.

Exam is 1 1/2 hours long :smile:
Original post by noyo10
Am so not ready for this :frown:

At least its only general studies and not a more important exam :smile:
paper one tomorrow!

How did you find the exam?!

It was such a stupid topic😂 For the multiple choice I mean

not bad I hope, I'm not sure how I did honestly I can't tell xD how about yourself? :smile:
not bad I hope, I'm not sure how I did honestly I can't tell xD how about yourself? :smile:

I'm sure you've done well :smile:
I think the questions and topics were so random and so not general :frown:
I'm sure you've done well :smile:
I think the questions and topics were so random and so not general :frown:

yeah, I didn't write much about the last question, pretty much the same point over and over that more coverage results in greater participation due to role models and learning about the sport.

how much did you write for the last 2? just shy of 2 pages for either question here
yeah, I didn't write much about the last question, pretty much the same point over and over that more coverage results in greater participation due to role models and learning about the sport.

how much did you write for the last 2? just shy of 2 pages for either question here

Ahhh I didn't talk about role models or learning about the sport :frown:
I wrote about a page and a bit for each :/ and less on the last because I ran out of time
Ahhh I didn't talk about role models or learning about the sport :frown:
I wrote about a page and a bit for each :/ and less on the last because I ran out of time

I waffled really hard just to get stuff down tbh :redface: what other subjects did you take?
I waffled really hard just to get stuff down tbh :redface: what other subjects did you take?

Haha :tongue:
English Lang
Govt. and politics
History

You??
Haha :tongue:
English Lang
Govt. and politics
History

You??

RE, Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology here :smile: I can't wait for next year so I'm only doing 3, this is too many subjects for me to concentrate on and was a really stressful month of exams. Going to take this weekend off from revision as a break then do relaxed revision over the next week - still have 5 or so exams left to come :colonhash:
Oooh i had one too today :woo: have you done AQA? :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest