The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LogicalFallacy
This is the completed mark scheme for the 26/05/2016 mathematics non-calculator paper.

If there are any mistakes, please tell me.

Reps would be appreciated, but are not necessary.

Spoiler

For the questionnaire questions do you think they would accept that 'sometimes' and 'often' aren't good words to use because people may have a different idea of what these mean. And then for the last part of the question would they accept the fact that the people in the sample would all be the same age which is is biased.
The area of shaded region in |~|( pie) form:-
I did that right upto 100-25|~| but then I subtract 100 from 25 and wrote 75|~| (pie) so how many marks can i get. It carry 3 marks
Original post by Bilal1234567
We're can I find the foundation AQA maths

not here this is for edexcel.... search it and someone might've started a thread about it
Original post by archiiii
The area of shaded region in |~|( pie) form:-
I did that right upto 100-25|~| but then I subtract 100 from 25 and wrote 75|~| (pie) so how many marks can i get. It carry 3 marks

1/3 possibly 2/3
Original post by mariyahx
last question

The last question was terrible
for the maths class question, i put 'there isnt enough people' would that get the mark?
Original post by zara_ruby
For the questionnaire questions do you think they would accept that 'sometimes' and 'often' aren't good words to use because people may have a different idea of what these mean. And then for the last part of the question would they accept the fact that the people in the sample would all be the same age which is is biased.

For questionare question i wrote that he should ask random students and in other classes as well. Would the accept that?
Original post by archiiii
For questionare question i wrote that he should ask random students and in other classes as well. Would the accept that?

no since even then that would not represent the general populous.
Original post by iMacJack
If anyone is struggling with a question, tell me the details of the question and I'll provide an answer for you to stop ye debating (hopefully)

Posted from TSR Mobile

for the question about why the guy shouldn't ask his maths class about how many crisps they should eat, i answered 'they are all the same age' would that get the mark?
Original post by george1111111
for the maths class question, i put 'there isnt enough people' would that get the mark?

Yeah I would think so because you are referring to sample size
Reply 1810
For question 12 (the one about a circle inside a square) the answer is 100 - 25π but I simplified it (wrongly, I think) to 20 - 5π. Would i get the marks for this?
Original post by Husna. A
I've got a question for foundation paper

What is your question ?
Original post by bulbs
For question 12 (the one about a circle inside a square) the answer is 100 - 25π but I simplified it (wrongly, I think) to 20 - 5π. Would i get the marks for this?

It depends how you wrote it, 5(20-5pi) would be correct, 20-5pi is not correct.
Original post by 34908seikj
1/3 possibly 2/3

For 1 question i wrote like 7x10^9/10
But its actually 7x10^8 bcz that one 10 cancels out with 10^9 but its still same thing if u write in first form ( my own veiw) but would i get full marks for that
Anyone got rough grade boundaries?
Original post by blueribbons99
was it not 100-25 TT all divided by 4?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No - the question asked for the total of all the shaded areas, so it was 100 - 25pi. It was confusing that they asked for it in its simplest form so my top set all thought you had to factorise to get 25(4-pi).
Original post by k1234a
you had to find 30% of 800 which was 240
then because it was 20% rise, his new rent is 120% 240 * 120% = 288
so it was 288/800 which cancelled down to 36/100 = 36%

Or you could just increase 30% by 20%, which is 36% - much easier!!
Original post by G mandem
Yeh you'll need like 85 ish to get an A

It's never been higher than 85 for an A*, so it's not going to be that high for an A
Any predictions for the calculator paper???
For one of the questions the correct answer was T=5x+20y and I wrote T=20x+5y. Would this get any marks at all (the total number of marks for this question was 3).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending