The Student Room Group

Aqa chemistry as level 2016 predictions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Question 8, part iii please? Got part 3, rest of question 8! I'm currently doing it, so i suggest you could do it for your own benefit too :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
gonna fail
with dignity :^)
Reply 82
Original post by srayogn
Question 8, part iii please? Got part 3, rest of question 8! I'm currently doing it, so i suggest you could do it for your own benefit too :smile:

Question 10 anybody?
Reply 83
Question 8? Part iii
I've been getting A's in all our internal mocks for each unit and I've just done the set 2 specimen paper 1. I knew nothing. It was ridiculously hard. Has anyone else done these papers. Very worried about the exam tomorrow now. :frown:
I hope its 78% for an A, that's only 55 marks!
Original post by srayogn

Can you please upload the MS for this booklet I need it asap cheers :frown:
Original post by srayogn

2.49 X 10^-2 I think. Your answer to I) should be 4.98 X 10^-3, therefore ii) is 2.49 X 10^-3, that's from 25cm cubed, the whole solution is 250cm cubed, so its just 2.49 X 10^-2 I think.. Key words being "I think" :wink:
Reply 89
http://www.a-levelchemistry.co.uk/AQA%20AS%20Chemistry%20new%20spec/new%20AQA%20AS%20Chemistry%20home.html

Where you can get individual assessments w/ Markschemes! Hope this helps! If you have any questions feel free to ask!
Original post by Mina_
Question 8? Part iii

my answer for V) was silver, did you get the same? pretty sure I'm right but it'd be nice to get the same result as someone else haha
Reply 91
Original post by bluecompton
my answer for V) was silver, did you get the same? pretty sure I'm right but it'd be nice to get the same result as someone else haha

We're doing different questions apparently :tongue:
Reply 92
I know this is for predictions but give me a break I'm mentally ill.
Ok so I need help on this equilibrium constant question: The reaction for the formation of hydrogen iodide does not go to completion but reaches an equilibrium: H2 + I2 <---> 2HI A mixture of 1.9mol H2 and 1.9mol I2 was prepared and allowed to reach equilibrium in a closed vessel on 250cm^3 capacity. The resulting equilibrium mixture was found to contain 3.0mol of HI. Calculate Kc.
Reply 93
Original post by Dyl98an
I know this is for predictions but give me a break I'm mentally ill.
Ok so I need help on this equilibrium constant question: The reaction for the formation of hydrogen iodide does not go to completion but reaches an equilibrium: H2 + I2 <---> 2HI A mixture of 1.9mol H2 and 1.9mol I2 was prepared and allowed to reach equilibrium in a closed vessel on 250cm^3 capacity. The resulting equilibrium mixture was found to contain 3.0mol of HI. Calculate Kc.

Whats the answer?

I got 56.25 ? I'm not confident in kc so forgive me if I'm wrong
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jakethomas32
I've been getting A's in all our internal mocks for each unit and I've just done the set 2 specimen paper 1. I knew nothing. It was ridiculously hard. Has anyone else done these papers. Very worried about the exam tomorrow now. :frown:

Same here i didnt know anything either and ive been doing well all year
Original post by jakethomas32

omg , they're so different to any paper , all my answers are completely different to the mark scheme , im so scared. theyres so much maths and phsyics.
Original post by kassy12324
Same here i didnt know anything either and ive been doing well all year

I'm doing it now and I legit panicked for a minute because I thought it was a further maths paper or something. If it's all mathsy tomorrow I'm going downnnn.
With the Hydroxides what are the test you do when its cloudy milky etc?? Quite confused and its not in the textbook.
I'm referring to the part of the spec where it states "Students could test the solubility of Group 2 hydroxides by mixing solutions of soluble Group 2 salts with sodium hydroxide and record their results." vice versa for Sulfates.

??
Reply 98
Original post by Lazy Cynic
Does anybody have the second set of specimen papers? If so I would really appreciate it in my revision :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whats your email ill forward it to you with the mark scheme
Reply 99
Original post by Mina_
Whats the answer?

I got 56.25 ? I'm not confident in kc so forgive me if I'm wrong

That's the right answer but can you show me the working please

Quick Reply

Latest