The Student Room Group

OCR AS-Level Religious Studies: Religious Ethics - Friday 27th May 2016 (Morning)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sadixx
i would normally do 3 sides with medium sized handwriting but it depends on the questions, sometimes I've done 2 sides and got just as high marks

Thanks, that helps!
Anyone have some decent short notes with only the main points on Christian Ethics?
Reply 42
Original post by Abzdebest
Anyone have some decent short notes with only the main points on Christian Ethics?

Christian Ethics is basically Natural Moral Law and Divine Command Theory.

NML you should know and DCT is basivally just "God says jump and you say how high". There's not much else you need to know about it to use it, seriously.
Reply 43
Right - best wishes to all of you. I will return to discuss the paper when I have time over the weekend.

I am sure you'll all do fine.

Final Tip: I recommend you avoid Absolutism and Relativism unless you absolutely must do it.
Original post by ivybridge
Right - best wishes to all of you. I will return to discuss the paper when I have time over the weekend.

I am sure you'll all do fine.

Final Tip: I recommend you avoid Absolutism and Relativism unless you absolutely must do it.

Thank you so much for creating this thread.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE
Reply 45
Ayyy, how did everyone find it?
Reply 46
Original post by Xepz
Ayyy, how did everyone find it?

I found it really easy. I'm so glad they didn't ask about Absolutism and Relativism because pretty much all of the candidates would have struggled to do well in those so I'm happy for you all on that front. How did you find it?
Reply 47
Original post by ivybridge
I found it really easy. I'm so glad they didn't ask about Absolutism and Relativism because pretty much all of the candidates would have struggled to do well in those so I'm happy for you all on that front. How did you find it?

I did 1 and 4, There wasn't a great deal you could write about 1, 4 was a great question, the B questions were harder than in the Philosophy one though. Overall thought It was a good paper
I did the singer and natural law questions, for the natural law questions I just showed how it had aspects of absolutism and relativism and deontology for the part A and then for the part B i talked about how without the synderesis principle there cannot be apparent goods so we consciously sin and then talked about how without without the aspect purpose we cannot have the primary precepts and this the secondary precepts.

For the singer question I talked about lower order and higher order beings and the replacement argument and then applied it to abortion and euthanasia, for part B i talked about how rule was easier to apply but was less accessible and that both didn't pay regard to special consequences, didn't really know what to write to be honest.

I hope what I wrote answered the questions, I don't even know if it was all that relevant but I hope its enough for an A, what did you guys write for theses questions ?
Reply 49
Original post by Xepz
I did 1 and 4, There wasn't a great deal you could write about 1, 4 was a great question, the B questions were harder than in the Philosophy one though. Overall thought It was a good paper

I thought the paper was perfect and I wrote a lot for ONE - it's not too hard because I've more or less done the same one before but we shall see! I think the challenge was keeping the focus on religion and especially in the (b), on Sanctity of Life. What did you write about for the (b)?

The Natural Moral Law questions were beautiful.
I did question 1 and 4 - but i'm so worried i basically wrote the same thing in both questions. i rambled way too much about the primary precepts. they were such good questions as well, but i just answered them stupidly.
Original post by helizabeth98
I did question 1 and 4 - but i'm so worried i basically wrote the same thing in both questions. i rambled way too much about the primary precepts. they were such good questions as well, but i just answered them stupidly.

Me too! I found the part b's confusing though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending