The Student Room Group

Maths exam didn't go as expected

Hi.

As most of you are probably aware, the first GCSE Maths paper was today. To be honest, it didn't feel great - I think I'd be lucky if I even got a B. My question is, if I passed the second Maths paper with flying colours (Strong A*), would that be enough to boost my overall grade high enough to take Further Maths at A-Level? If so, do you know any efficient ways of managing my stress for the second exam? Thanks.
Original post by Nerdcubed
Hi.

As most of you are probably aware, the first GCSE Maths paper was today. To be honest, it didn't feel great - I think I'd be lucky if I even got a B. My question is, if I passed the second Maths paper with flying colours (Strong A*), would that be enough to boost my overall grade high enough to take Further Maths at A-Level? If so, do you know any efficient ways of managing my stress for the second exam? Thanks.

Have you worked out your score using the unofficial mark schemes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If I manage to get a C in this exam it would be some sort of miracle! Now I'm only a C/B student, but for the amount of work I put in for the exam to come out unsure of most of the answers, for many questions not even having an answer just isn't great!
Of course! Don't give up, you can definitely make the grade, and they will accept you:smile:
To relieve stress, I would do some exercise or even go on a walk, as it really does help (coming from someone who thought it was silly at first lol) and rest - do something you enjoy, as well as revision and nothing will stop you.
I am in the exact same situation as you. I have looked at the unofficial mark scheme and I'm quite disappointed. I need a solid 80 marks on paper 2 to get into the college i want. My problem was that I was SUPER STRESSED in the exam and I was physically shaking with anxiety. Just work for that Paper 2 and we can do it!
After looking at mark schemes I dont feel too optimistic about that exam, but to be honest that has just spurred me on to to do the best I can in the calculator. A strong mark in that can and will make the difference
Original post by mattmca107
After looking at mark schemes I dont feel too optimistic about that exam, but to be honest that has just spurred me on to to do the best I can in the calculator. A strong mark in that can and will make the difference

Same here. Worked out mark marks and now I feel that i could actually do alright overall!
Reply 8
Original post by scphmapd
Have you worked out your score using the unofficial mark schemes?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, I skimmed through and I noticed a few questions where I'm definitely going to drop quite a few marks on. I don't know my exact score but it's not brilliant.
Reply 9
dw smash paper 2 I flopped paper 1 when I did gcse but smashed paper 2 got an a overall! with a level maths+further it is just hard work
Original post by TheSwordzman
I am in the exact same situation as you. I have looked at the unofficial mark scheme and I'm quite disappointed. I need a solid 80 marks on paper 2 to get into the college i want. My problem was that I was SUPER STRESSED in the exam and I was physically shaking with anxiety. Just work for that Paper 2 and we can do it!

Im not trying to be mean or anything but I dont understand how people get so stressed over exams? I need an A* so its not like im just predicted a U and dont care, i just dont get how people get so worked up over an exam. I havent freaked out over ANY of my exams yet.
Original post by Bernie2016
Im not trying to be mean or anything but I dont understand how people get so stressed over exams? I need an A* so its not like im just predicted a U and dont care, i just dont get how people get so worked up over an exam. I havent freaked out over ANY of my exams yet.

Yeah man this is the only exam I was scared for. It's not the fact of failing which isn't gonna happen, tis letting myself down. I have high expectations. Thats all
Reply 12
Original post by Bernie2016

Calm down, some people aren't as bright as you lad but well done for you and good luck on future exams, some people are aiming to get grades they want and they're stressing because nearly their whole life depend on this..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending