The Student Room Group

Dam it! I got 38 - 41 marks on maths

Omg what do i do, what grade is that? A c? Wtf?
I revised so hard
EDIT:
THIS IS HIGHER what mark do i need for my calc to get a B?
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
That's a solid C i'd love to get that!! I think I got 35/36
Reply 2
Original post by 0lut0
That's a solid C i'd love to get that!! I think I got 35/36

Is 35 a C aswell?
Reply 3
Original post by jjj99
Is 35 a C aswell?

There is Grade Boundary on this as well! http://mrkibria.weebly.com/messages-for-y11

It said

A* - 170
A - 140
B - 110
C - 70
Reply 4
Original post by jjj99
Is 35 a C aswell?

Yeah I would say anything above 35 is a C cause last year it was 33 for a C it will go up by one or two marks. Aim for 40 in the calculator.
Original post by Divinchi
Omg what do i do, what grade is that? A c? Wtf?
I revised so hard

Don't worry. Which paper are you doing? I did the Edexcel one today and really struggled. You can make up for it in your calculator one. That's my aim because I'm much stronger at the calculator paper than the non-calc. Plus, if lots of people found it difficult, they'll probably change the grade boundaries. Just stay calm and focus on your calculator one. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by jjj99
There is Grade Boundary on this as well! http://mrkibria.weebly.com/messages-for-y11

It said

A* - 170
A - 140
B - 110
C - 70

what exam board did you do???

last year was the highest for edexcel and you needed 95 to get a B. I dont see them adding 10 marks but around 100 would be ok
Reply 7
Original post by s.mo
what exam board did you do???

last year was the highest for edexcel and you needed 95 to get a B. I dont see them adding 10 marks but around 100 would be ok

I do Edexcel!
You got -3 marks?

Spoiler

Reply 9
Original post by jjj99
I do Edexcel!

Yh. i dont think it would be 110 since last years was 95 and they wouldnt raise it by that much
Reply 10
Original post by s.mo
Yh. i dont think it would be 110 since last years was 95 and they wouldnt raise it by that much

Well I got 37 something I think, by looking at the markscheme, how much would I need for atleast a B?
Reply 11
Original post by s.mo

so i need 70 on calc for a B?
Reply 12
Original post by jjj99
Well I got 37 something I think, by looking at the markscheme, how much would I need for atleast a B?

to be safe i was trying to get 50 ish on each paper.
you would need 63 to be safe since the grade boundries will go up (only a few marks tho)

so i need 70 on calc for a B?

idk. what do you think you got on the non calc??
Reply 13
Original post by s.mo
to be safe i was trying to get 50 ish on each paper.
you would need 63 to be safe since the grade boundries will go up (only a few marks tho)

idk. what do you think you got on the non calc??

I counted i got around 40 marks
Reply 14
I dont why people are checking the unofficial markschemes lol it just makes you more stressed out (& i cant even remember most of the answers i put down) just work hard for the next exam and you'll be fine and the second paper topics will be easy to predict
Reply 15
Next paper is gonna be a killer...I did decent on this paper but I need to get A*
Reply 16
I counted i got around 40 marks

try and get 60 :redface:
use maths genie as revision (REALLY useful) it gives you videos for each topic and there are exam questions from previous papers and solutions available
Reply 17
Original post by s.mo
I dont why people are checking the unofficial markschemes lol it just makes you more stressed out (& i cant even remember most of the answers i put down) just work hard for the next exam and you'll be fine and the second paper topics will be easy to predict

Here the official markscheme g!
http://mrkibria.weebly.com/uploads/7/2/6/7/72672823/june_2016_higher_p1_worked_solutions_-_mr_kibria.pdf
need 40ish marks to get a B..

and calc paper is the worst :/
Original post by mariam687
need 40ish marks to get a B..

and calc paper is the worst :/

Really? I usually do better in the calculator paper..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending