The Student Room Group

Who else found that paper really easy!? (Edexcel GCSE 1H non-calc)

Damn that was simple, every answer on the unoffical mark scheme's I've seen around is what I put down. Why is everyone crying on twitter? Easy grade boundaries I guess :P

How did everyone else find it and what grades were you predicted beforehand but now think you are going to get?
YEAH ME TOOO!!!! Like a bit of revision and thought and boom
Reply 2
Yep i actually loved that exam haha
Like even the last question after i had done it I was thinking yess
And my past with maths is: got a c in december mocks(idk how)but with lots of revision then got an A in march mocks (we had to do them for maths then too bc people did badly before and they wanted to see what to focus on) and after those i revised (not that much recently) my predictions: hopefully at least an A I'm hoping for an a* though (i have no idea if that'll happen)
Reply 3
Original post by veganavb
And my past with maths is: got a c in december mocks(idk how)but with lots of revision then got an A in march mocks (we had to do them for maths then too bc people did badly before and they wanted to see what to focus on) and after those i revised (not that much recently) my predictions: hopefully at least an A I'm hoping for an a* though (i have no idea if that'll happen)

Are you doing it for A level?
Reply 4
Original post by veganavb

That's some really good progression! I've been a A student since year 9 - beginning of 11 but during the Year 11 mocks, I managed to pull an A* and been revising a lot.
Original post by Aleiya
That's some really good progression! I've been a A student since year 9 - beginning of 11 but during the Year 11 mocks, I managed to pull an A* and been revising a lot.

I think you need to simmer down a little. Just because you found it easy, doesn't mean others found it easy. LOL.
Reply 6
if it was easy for everyone then the paper grade boundaries are going be very high this year hope the calc paper is full of hard questions ?
Original post by Adzkii786
I think you need to simmer down a little. Just because you found it easy, doesn't mean others found it easy. LOL.

this^
Original post by clivee
if it was easy for everyone then the paper grade boundaries are going be very high this year hope the calc paper is full of hard questions ?

same. I pray the calculator is sooo hard.
Reply 9

I'm just talking about my opinion and what other's opinions are, not that the paper itself was easy, just to me it was :smile:
Reply 10
I wouldn't say it was easy; Easy is 100% A* for me. Just wait till results day.

Gosshhh can't people have opinions these days without being told what to do........
Reply 12
Original post by ItsmeLaura
Gosshhh can't people have opinions these days without being told what to do........

i get what you mean you can have your opinion no one taking it away we just having ours aswell lol :biggrin:
100% for me.
Original post by clivee
i get what you mean you can have your opinion no one taking it away we just having ours aswell lol :biggrin:

I don't think it's appropriate for someone to say "I think you need to simmer down" when they're expressing an opinion, if u have an opinion say it too just don't tell someone else that theirs is wrong
Posted from TSR Mobile

Someone's a bit nippy
Original post by ItsmeLaura
I don't think it's appropriate for someone to say "I think you need to simmer down" when they're expressing an opinion, if u have an opinion say it too just don't tell someone else that theirs is wrong

Well I mean, technically the sentence

'I think all girls should die'/'I think all men should die'/'I hate everyone with a snapchat filter in their profile picture' is an opinion

Should I simmer down if I genuinely believe those things?

OP literally degrades people because they didn't find it as easy as her. Stop trying to backpedal out of it.
Reply 17
Personally, I also found the exam fairly easy (comparing it to last years). But I know others didn't and because of that, I kept my subjective opinions of the paper to myself.
The exam is done and dusted. Whether others choose to dwell on it or not is their choice:redface:
Original post by Rajive
Are you doing it for A level?

(sorry this reply is super late)
Yes I am!
Original post by Aleiya

Thanks! and that's good, hope you get that A*(you probably will:biggrin:)

Quick Reply

Latest