The Student Room Group

Mathematics CCEA T4 - 26/05/16

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by caitlin121
I found it hard, compared to previous past papers and that last question was awful in my opinion. I had no clue and I wouldn't consider myself to be particularly bad at maths - I'm doing the further maths papers next month!

In the last question you had to rearrange the equation they give you to either find what y equals or what z equals. Then, you can substitute that into the y or z in the expression and solve by simple cancellation. But don't worry, I didn't get that during the exam either!
Reply 21
Original post by FrankSh
In the last question you had to rearrange the equation they give you to either find what y equals or what z equals. Then, you can substitute that into the y or z in the expression and solve by simple cancellation. But don't worry, I didn't get that during the exam either!

What did you think of the paper overall, and in comparison with the past papers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by PatrickOC
What did you think of the paper overall, and in comparison with the past papers?

I think it was definitely challenging but some of the past papers I've done were slightly more difficult. I find histograms hard, because we only covered it 3 days before the exam and I had no time to study for it myself, so I'm glad there was no histogram question at the end of the paper! Talking to people from my school, they generally found the question about the 5 rectangles and the circle theorem one to be most challenging. I think the grade boundary for A* will be around 70 like other years.
Reply 23
Original post by FrankSh
I think it was definitely challenging but some of the past papers I've done were slightly more difficult. I find histograms hard, because we only covered it 3 days before the exam and I had no time to study for it myself, so I'm glad there was no histogram question at the end of the paper! Talking to people from my school, they generally found the question about the 5 rectangles and the circle theorem one to be most challenging. I think the grade boundary for A* will be around 70 like other years.

Do you remember what you got for the coffee question? Whole mixed bag of answers at my school :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
I think 225g, although I can't remember if this is what I wrote down. It said to round to nearest 5g so if the weight of the jar with coffee in it was 380g (this is not the actual number), then you must find the maximum value of that which is 382.5. If the weight of the jar without coffee is something like 160g, then you must find the minimum value of that which is 157.5. You then find the difference between the two to find the maximum weight of the coffee.
(edited 7 years ago)
My maths teacher said it was 225. I got it wrong- lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply