The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by miles354
According to the mark scheme im looking at between 94 and 98.

Well i probably got 100, but unsure if my explations for circle theroms and box plot were solid
Original post by LogicalFallacy
That was correct.

I put 750cm2 do you think they will give 2 marks instead of three or none ?
How many marks do you think I can pick up for working out on questions 25 (inverse proportion which I got the wrong answers for) and question 26 (got all the working but wrote a different answer :frown:)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by King.Enn
Well i probably got 100, but unsure if my explations for circle theroms and box plot were solid

Saammm, that and i subtracted the areas wrong in the last question
Original post by Charlotteb1234
I put 750cm2 do you think they will give 2 marks instead of three or none ?

You'll get 2 marks, stating the units of measurement was pretty important, probably easiest 3 mark question I've ever seen O.o
Original post by zoeolo
How many marks do you think I can pick up for working out on questions 25 (inverse proportion which I got the wrong answers for) and question 26 (got all the working but wrote a different answer :frown:)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did get get the constant as 100? if not then 0/4

for question 26 1 mark for working out the area of big triangle, 1 mark for small triangle and 1 mark for correct final answer.
All i am saying is i am representing the top academy in Birmingham
If I got 84-90 marks (min-max), how many do I need in the calculator paper, to secure an A*? Thanks
Grade boundaries? What would 70-80/100 be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SmithAmelia
If I got 84-90 marks (min-max), how many do I need in the calculator paper, to secure an A*? Thanks

80 marks
i got 78 in this paper, any possibility of me getting atleast an A
D= 50
C=60
B=95
A=130
A*=160

Out of 200.

Spoiler

80 marks

With the question that said write a suitable question for the crips etc, would this get full marks:

How many times a week do you buy crisps?

0-3 , 4-7, 7-11, >11

Thank You
Original post by 34908seikj
You'll get 2 marks, stating the units of measurement was pretty important, probably easiest 3 mark question I've ever seen O.o

I know I'm a bloody idiot I didn't foundation so it was near the back this 🙈
Original post by DaveMoishe

Spoiler

Incorrect.

X = 5+x/2 = 1

5+x = 2

x = -3

Y = 7+y/2 = 2.5

7+y = 5

y = -2

Final coordinates are -3,-2
I meant this:

0-3, 4-7, 8-11, >11
Did get get the constant as 100? if not then 0/4

for question 26 1 mark for working out the area of big triangle, 1 mark for small triangle and 1 mark for correct final answer.

Nope, I only realised at the very end (before I could change) anything that k=100 which isn't much use but I wrote the formula for y = k / x2 - idk if that will get me any marks.

I think I got 2/3 marks for the last question.

If what you're saying is true then I am looking at 93 marks!! (Which is pretty decent but I'll be aiming for higher in the calculator)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can you explain your reasoning, as to where I went wrong. If I have remembered the co-ordinates correctly, then I am correct. Were the co-ordinates not (1,2.5 and 5,7) and we were asked to find the mid-point? In this case, I am correct; so I must have misread the question?

Incorrect.

X = 5+x/2 = 1

5+x = 2

x = -3

Y = 7+y/2 = 2.5

7+y = 5

y = -2

Final coordinates are -3,-2
Original post by DaveMoishe
Can you explain your reasoning, as to where I went wrong. If I have remembered the co-ordinates correctly, then I am correct. Were the co-ordinates not (1,2.5 and 5,7) and we were asked to find the mid-point? In this case, I am correct; so I must have misread the question?

Yes you did, the mid point was already provided (1,2.5) :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending