The Student Room Group

Gcse maths 2016 question?

Does the calculator paperand non-calculator paer get added up s one whole mark or will you see the seperate marks you got when you get your gcses?????

Someone please anwser my qusetion?????

Scroll to see replies

the scores get added up
Original post by mayhem™
the scores get added up

so when you get your results they wont show you what marks you got for each paper?
Original post by SavetheStudent
so when you get your results they wont show you what marks you got for each paper?

You don't get shown the marks at all,just the grade - this is why asking for a remark can be a risk.
Original post by Mayhem™
You don't get shown the marks at all,just the grade - this is why asking for a remark can be a risk.

No you do get shown the marks for both papers
Original post by mayhem™
you don't get shown the marks at all,just the grade - this is why asking for a remark can be a risk.

what do you think youll need for a total in both paers to get a c grade this year ??
Original post by hafsa473
no you do get shown the marks for both papers

so theyll show the grade for paper 1 and paer 2 when you get your results???
No you do get shown the marks for both papers

I'm quite certain that this isn't the case - and is only true if the school asks for the papers to be sent back to you.

no, they'll show you the grade for the overall course

what do you think youll need for a total in both paers to get a c grade this year ??

I'm not sure about that, it all depends on the exam board that you're taking the exam with

Yes I'm very sure you do, last year when my sister got her results, she got the marks as well for every single paper
Original post by Mayhem™
I'm quite certain that this isn't the case - and is only true if the school asks for the papers to be sent back to you.

no, they'll show you the grade for the overall course

I'm not sure about that, it all depends on the exam board that you're taking the exam with

But when you get your results its not only the grades, it also give you the scores for what you got on all the papers, well thats what happened to my sister last year
yes i'm very sure you do, last year when my sister got her results, she got the marks as well for every single paper

so if you get 12-13 marks for paer 1 but you get 99-100 points in paer 2 calculator what would be the overall grade???

BTW IM TAKING EDEXCEL
(edited 7 years ago)
i got a A* star last year gcse what does it mean now? NOTHING, GCSE is just to keep you out of trouble,goodluck with the real world, solving for X.
so if you get 12-13 marks for paer 1 but you get 99-100 points in paer 2 calculator what would be the overall grade???

BTW IM TAKING EDEXCEL

According to last years grade boundries for both papers was:

A* - 155/200
A - 125/200
B - 95/200
C - 65/200
D - 35/200
E - 20/200

So you could get a B :smile:
However, this paper didnt seem as hard as last years so the grade boundries may be higher
according to last years grade boundries for both papers was:

A* - 155/200
a - 125/200
b - 95/200
c - 65/200
d - 35/200
e - 20/200

so you could get a b :smile:
however, this paper didnt seem as hard as last years so the grade boundries may be higher

how high are we talking ??? I DID FOUNDATION NOT HIGHER
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 14
Does the calculator paperand non-calculator paer get added up s one whole mark or will you see the seperate marks you got when you get your gcses?????

Someone please anwser my qusetion?????

You get the UMS scored for each paper which are equivalent to a certain amount of marks gained from that single paper. You also get the overall mark which is both papers added up and out of 200.
Reply 15
Original post by AnswerHunter
i got a A* star last year gcse what does it mean now? NOTHING, GCSE is just to keep you out of trouble,goodluck with the real world, solving for X.

Kk
how high are we talking ??? I DID FOUNDATION NOT HIGHER

Oh well the grade boundries last year for foundation were:
C - 139/200
D - 119/200
E - 100/200
F - 81/200
G - 62/200

Maybe just a few marks, so like 5? Idk though
Oh well the grade boundries last year for foundation were:
C - 139/200
D - 119/200
E - 100/200
F - 81/200
G - 62/200

Maybe just a few marks, so like 5? Idk though

so If you got 11-13 marks in non calculator but 99-100 in calculator for this years GCSE MATHS YOULL MOST LIKELY NOT GET A C????

OH SHHIT!!!!!! IM ACC PANICKING
so If you got 11-13 marks in non calculator but 99-100 in calculator for this years GCSE MATHS YOULL MOST LIKELY NOT GET A C????

OH SHHIT!!!!!! IM ACC PANICKING

should've done higher...I highly doubt you got 11-13 marks out of 100, not even like 30?
should've done higher...i highly doubt you got 11-13 marks out of 100, not even like 30?

so basically its not enough ? For a c this year ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending