The Student Room Group

Do you agree cyclists are a menace to the roads?

Ive had enough of them holding up traffic and they have no shame nor do they care they are making people late Id love if they were banned from roads, really getting to me now.. Plus they are all hipsters thinking they are eco warriors bringing justice to mother nature. Its the fact they have no concern for other road users that really pisses me off and they believe they always have priority and will happily hold traffic up and ride in the road as though they were cars but wont stop at a red light. Is there any political party that wants to ban these menaces from the road? They get my vote no hesitation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cyclists should be shot. :unimpressed: When I was one I had the biggest entitlement complex on the road. Now I'm a driver I just want to run over every single one of them.
I agree.
Original post by Vixen47
Cyclists should be shot. :unimpressed: When I was one I had the biggest entitlement complex on the road. Now I'm a driver I just want to run over every single one of them.

A bit severe? No?
Reply 4
I have no issue with cyclists as long as they cycle correctly. This means using signals, staying well over to the left, not blasting through red lights like they don't apply to them and above all being cautious. The amount of times I've nearly being hit by a cyclist who thinks red lights don't apply to them is infuriating. However, I do feel like they deserve some respect if they behave properly on the roads.
Original post by ODES_PDES
A bit severe? No?

Never :teeth:
Reply 6
It should be like the Netherlands
the red roads are for cyclists

Spoiler

and that ain't some half assed kingsbury style shiet - that's proper bike lanes

It's much safer for the cyclists too, like little me as an 8 year old used to cycle to school no problem. Now me as a 17 year old is too scared to cycle on any road :lol:
Reply 8
Something needs to be done tho as civil war may spark.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RivalPlayer

There's nothing healthy about cycling in London when you consider the levels of air pollution regularly breaks legal limits.

Even in the most polluted parts of London, you'd have to cycle for at least 5 hours to negate the positive impact of cycling.

Yeah, some cyclists are idiots and take risks, but surely you can say the same about car drivers? And cycling is cheap and less polluting and better for your health
I am a cycling addict, I ride for about an hour a day. However, I find cyclists who don't respect the needs of those who share the roads to be an annoying menace.

In my own riding, I try very hard to stay near the side of the road (i.e., out of the way), I don't assume drivers will yield to me, and I work to stay aware of everyone around me. It is a minimum of courtesy and also safer.
Reply 11
Let's ban car drivers first. :colonhash: I get cut up, dangerously overtaken and tailgated by cars a lot more often than by cyclists. Car drivers are more likely to drive drunk. More likely to text while driving. More likely to kill another road user. At least bad cyclists only threaten their own life, bad car drivers threaten everybody on the road.
Reply 12
Original post by Dez
Let's ban car drivers first. :colonhash: I get cut up, dangerously overtaken and tailgated by cars a lot more often than by cyclists. Car drivers are more likely to drive drunk. More likely to text while driving. More likely to kill another road user. At least bad cyclists only threaten their own life, bad car drivers threaten everybody on the road.

Dont be daft

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z33
It should be like the Netherlands
the red roads are for cyclists

Spoiler

and that ain't some half assed kingsbury style shiet - that's proper bike lanes

It's much safer for the cyclists too, like little me as an 8 year old used to cycle to school no problem. Now me as a 17 year old is too scared to cycle on any road :lol:

This.

I felt so safe as a cyclist in the Netherlands. I didn't have to worry about cars at all.

I've never been shouted at whilst on a bike in London though.
On country roads they are jail bait,,every bend a potential death by (due care and attention)threat. I think one day it will be inevitable the odds :frown:
Cyclists can do one tbh

Latest