The Student Room Group

Operation Black Vote

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joecphillips
You said it portrays brexit era as white thugs on post 15.

The definition of thug is a violent person, especially a criminal.

I said it was implied like that by the hypocrites like you. And a "thug" and a "bomber and rapist" can totally be compared.

Your stupidity was slightly humourous, now its just irritating.

Original post by MrControversial
Most people glimpse at this poster going by and see a big white thug with undertones of neo-nazism and far right sans swastikas and explicit references because no one could get away with that and see an Asian lady hanging her head in shame or submission as the loud thug drowns her out. It's clearly a racial poster pitting the races against one another with the seesaw as a hidden message that they actually weight the same or at least will should they vote to remain.

And yes, look at the meanings in that too, vote to remain, they are voting to remain, their existence is in peril. But yes, that's a deeper message that wont be picked up by most or will be subconsciously especially as most people live in a state of perpetual existential crisis.

Seriously, you need to stop with the meticulously analysis. No one will think like this. Its a man with tattoos ffs
Original post by lolatmaths
I said it was implied like that by the hypocrites like you. And a "thug" and a "bomber and rapist" can totally be compared.

Seriously, you need to stop with the meticulously analysis. No one will think like this. Its a man with tattoos ffs

I should probably be annoyed at you calling my posts which I feel passionately about "stupidity" but I'm not.

The funny thing is that bolsters my argument. People passing by will not often be so analytical, you are dead right, they will take it on face value and on face value you have a poster that on first sight says white versus non-white, white winning.

I'm not saying it's the end of the world, but it is a bit rubbish. You don't have to risk life and limb to defend it or worst of all your objectivity and rationality, Jesus '.
(edited 7 years ago)
I should probably be annoyed at you calling my posts which I feel passionately about "stupidity" but I'm not.

The funny thing is that bolsters my argument. People passing by will not often be so analytical, you are dead right, they will take it on face value and on face value you have a poster that on first site says white versus non-white, white winning.

Its not a white vs non white thing.

Its saying, ethnic minorities are equal to the stereotypical aggressive self righteous brexiter, who also happens to be stereotypically white.
Its not a white vs non white thing.

Its saying, ethnic minorities are equal to the stereotypical aggressive self righteous brexiter, who also happens to be stereotypically white.

According to your own interpretation or analysis dependent on a degree of separation which is what you accused me off so you fall into your own trap.

I am surprised that by now you have not attacked my assumption that people who view the poster wont be colour blind. I know that escapes you because deep down we all know that sadly that isn't true.
Reply 44

Your hypocrisy has always been irritating
According to your own interpretation or analysis dependent on a degree of separation which is what you accused me off so you fall into your own trap.

I am surprised that by now you have not attacked my assumption that people who view the poster wont be colour blind. I know that escapes you because deep down we all know that sadly that isn't true.

This is not a counter argument.
Your hypocrisy has always been irritating

Ever heard of "the pot calling the kettle black"? yeah, thats you.

Pathetic, cant believe ive had an argument with a stupid person. oh well.
This is not a counter argument.

I'm not Alice.

I don't like to get lost down rabbit holes.

At least when not of my own volition.
I'm not Alice.

I don't like to get lost down rabbit holes.

At least when not of my own volition.

what people do for the last word it baffles me.
what people do for the last word it baffles me.

I don't agree with your thinking but we had a good discussion so thank you.

It was good for me, was it good for you?
Reply 50
Ever heard of "the pot calling the kettle black"? yeah, thats you.

Pathetic, cant believe ive had an argument with a stupid person. oh well.

My position has always been the same i will always point out hypocrisy. I would prefer for non pc thing to be acceptable but while they are not i want that to be applied consistently which this is proof you do not do.
My position has always been the same i will always point out hypocrisy. I would prefer for non pc thing to be acceptable but while they are not i want that to be applied consistently which this is proof you do not do.

Proof that i dont do? Ive explained myself perfectly and you failed to counter it you blithering idiot. Dont act like you have some high ground, youve shown how much of a butthurt and offended idiot you are. Go back to your safe space.
I don't agree with your thinking but we had a good discussion so thank you.

It was good for me, was it good for you?

Yes, at least you speak sense unlike that other idiot.
Yes, at least you speak sense unlike that other idiot.

That's a good move to get me to join against him. There is a scene in Star Trek DS9 where the same scenario is played out with one of my favourite character's Garak. Unfortunately even if I wanted to play ball I don't have the time to actually see if I agree or not with his thinking because I need to sleep soon.

Anyway I've said really all I can on this, much else would be beating a dead donkey, entertaining frustration and merely reinforcing my own view to an extreme. The only thing I can add is that I figured the differences in our arguments a while back and at some level I think you realise it too, you have said things that make it clear where your priorities are.

You are focused on the good intentions, that it is for a good cause and with the idea that the ends are just. On the other hand I am actually looking at the means to those ends and finding flaws. The notion of doing nothing is better than doing something is hard for people to come to terms with because it contradicts some of our most base instincts. It is the old ideal versus the real. It is admirable to have such focus but it can also lead to tunnel vision so the only advice I can give is to try to have a broader field of view on certain challenges.
(edited 7 years ago)
That's a good move to get me to join against him. There is a scene in Star Trek DS9 where the same scenario is played out with one of my favourite character's Garak. Unfortunately even if I wanted to play ball I don't have the time to actually see if I agree or not with his thinking because I need to sleep soon.

Anyway I've said really all I can on this, much else would be beating a dead donkey, entertaining frustration and merely reinforcing my own view to an extreme. The only thing I can add is that I figured the differences in our arguments a while back and at some level I think you realise it too, you have said things that make it clear where your priorities are.

You are focused on the good intentions, that it is for a good cause and with the idea that the ends are just. On the other hand I am actually looking at the means to those ends and finding flaws. It is the old ideal versus the real. It is admirable to have such focus but it can also lead to tunnel vision so the only advice I can give is to try to have a broader field of vision on certain challenges.

Im totally accepting of criticism, how should i broaden my field of vision?
Reply 55
Proof that i dont do? Ive explained myself perfectly and you failed to counter it you blithering idiot. Dont act like you have some high ground, youve shown how much of a butthurt and offended idiot you are. Go back to your safe space.

The fact that you are inconsistent saying oh this use of a group being violent is allowed but against this other group isn't.

You seem to be projecting at the end there.
Im totally accepting of criticism, how should i broaden my field of vision?

The simplest means is to try to be patient. Emotion is faster than thought, that's its strength and why it often dominates despite coming to weaker conclusions (it produces them earlier). Unfortunately most people stick with their first emotion and then use thought to reinforce that.

In the long run, by arguing with people, winning, losing, getting frustrated, feeling up, feeling down, irritated, angry, powerful yes powerless and then channeling that emotional energy or motivation into researching, exploring, gaining greater understanding and leveling up. The internet is great, you use a handle, take basic consequences, no long term consequences for getting it wrong and everyone gets it wrong.

The biggest secret though is to compete against yourself. Use yourself as the benchmark and keep exceeding yourself. You can use others for inspiration but your priority should be not on them but on yourself. Don't try to reach their level, only try to raise your level perpetually. Always question yourself first, before the other person does. The more you seriously question yourself beforehand, the harder it is for them.

First and foremost at the same time, you must have an allegiance to the truth whether it makes you or others feel good or not. If you go far enough in the name of the truth you can always find an angle to express the truth without upsetting people too much. A determination to find the truth will leave no stone unturned and that is as broad as it gets.

Don't get too hung up on the broadness though. Sometimes a depth first search is better than a breadth first search.

That about wraps it up, saves you buying a self help book most of which are rip offs and reading a thousand pages of junk.
(edited 7 years ago)
The fact that you are inconsistent saying oh this use of a group being violent is allowed but against this other group isn't.

You seem to be projecting at the end there.

Ive explained myself already. Theres no inconsistency.
The simplest means is to try to be patient. Emotion is faster than thought, that's its strength and why it often dominates despite coming to weaker conclusions (it produces them earlier). Unfortunately most people stick with their first emotion and then use thought to reinforce that.

In the long run, by arguing with people, winning, losing, getting frustrated, feeling up, feeling down, irritated, angry, powerful yes powerless and then channeling that emotional energy or motivation into researching, exploring, gaining greater understanding and leveling up. The internet is great, you use a handle, take basic consequences, no long term consequences for getting it wrong and everyone gets it wrong.

The biggest secret though is to compete against yourself. Use yourself as the benchmark and keep exceeding yourself. You can use others for inspiration but your priority should be not on them but on yourself. Don't try to reach their level, only try to raise your level perpetually. Always question yourself first, before the other person does. The more you seriously question yourself beforehand, the harder it is for them.

First and foremost at the same time, you must have an allegiance to the truth whether it makes you or others feel good or not. If you go far enough in the name of the truth you can always find an angle to express the truth without upsetting people too much. A determination to find the truth will leave no stone unturned and that is as broad as it gets.

Don't get too hung up on the broadness though. Sometimes a depth first search is better than a breadth first search.

That about wraps it up, saves you buying a self help book most of which are rip offs and reading a thousand pages of junk.

Wow, thanks mate i appreciate that. I guess thats true, i try to get emotions away but i give in at the end of it all. But yeah, great advice and ill stick to the truth, of course here its ultimately about your viewpoints
Joke's on them most naturalised Blacks and Asians I've talked to so far have told me they would vote to leave.

This poster is borderline racial hatred though I hate to say it.

If I started an operation white vote with images of a small number of white people being surrounded by every growing numbers of increasingly aggressive and demanding people of foreign origins the police would promptly be at my door baton and taser in hand.

By your logic, ethnic minorities and whites hold the same status in society. Reality is that there is a double standard because white people hold the power in their hands. If you deny that then you are most definitely either deeply in denial or just not educated enough to see outside the right wing bubble you're trapped in.

Quick Reply

Latest