The Student Room Group

English Literature AQA poetry exam 2016 predictions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by user2109
for character and voice what could you compare "Give" with, for what themes?

If this comes up I'll probably compare it with Hunchback or Clown Punk. All are characters that are isolated/alone in some way.
anyone up for revision? (relationships cluster)
Original post by tasnia25
anyone up for revision? (relationships cluster)

yep, I predict it will be either to his coy mistress, in paris with you or one of the sonnets :smile:
Original post by sophiepynol
i think falling leaves, right word or flag will come up as these have never ever come up before...

these are the poems asked in foundation papers, thats why :smile:
Original post by X_Hope_X
Does anyone know if AQA is Changing the poetry exam for the next year 11s??

Yeah I think they are, all my teacher told us is that they are not allowed to have their anthology in the exam and have to memorise the poems and annotations
I really hope its Charge of the Light Brigade
Original post by alevels124

So I guess I don't need to revise for them?
Does anyone think they can predict what will come up for unseen poetry?
nor has nettles, i really hope that comes up
Original post by dennissingh99
So I guess I don't need to revise for them?

You could always use those poems to compare to, but they will never be asked in a higher paper for example, if 'next to of course god america i' comes up, you could still link it to flag
Original post by alevels124

After some research I've found that your idea about the poems coming up in the higher paper is incorrect. Information from AQA clearly states that any of the 15 poems can now be chosen for any tier of paper.http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-W-ENGLIT-CHANGES.PDF
Is there any predictions that Belfast confetti is coming up?
Reply 52
Anyone done the paper yet?:frown: im legit gonna fail
Original post by dennissingh99
After some research I've found that your idea about the poems coming up in the higher paper is incorrect. Information from AQA clearly states that any of the 15 poems can now be chosen for any tier of paper.http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-W-ENGLIT-CHANGES.PDF

My mistake, that is what my teacher had told me, thank you for your correction.
Reply 54
Original post by snickersbar
anyone doing the relationship cluster????

Theres only a few that havent come up I recon it will be Brothers or In Paris With You
Reply 55
Intro, structure,
Form, language, writers ideas and themes and how they're portrayed, and audience. Then a conclusion, good luck!
It will be on Flag and Falling Leaves. Revise those!!!!!
we were also told it would be curley! My teachers are all set on it being Medusa as apparently that's never come up, neither has hunchback in the park? at least not recently. good luck!
If it helps anyone, Right Word and Poppies came up.
Original post by djdubzzy
So am I ! The ones that haven't come up yet are To His Coy Mistress, In Paris With You & Brothers

Ahaha congrats your predictions were correct! I was predicting THCM as well but thought it could also be Quickdraw or Praise Song For My Mother as those hadn't come up either...which question did you choose and how do you think it went? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest