The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Can someone tell me if i get B on paper 1 and A* on paper 2 for math, would would the estimated overall grade be?
Yep, you must add '0'.

Original post by Rebecca-Joseph
No because there is no single option for 0
Hello, for question 19, I was wondering if they would have a range of answers they would accept as it was a graph question. Because for example where it says the first one is x = -0.4 and x= 4.4, I got x = -0.2 and x = 4.5. Thanks.
I got the right answer for surds, but then I saw the question asked for "exact area" so I thought it had to be a number; and I found a wrong method to get 1/6 .
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Afro Tail
I got the right answer for surds, but then I saw the question asked for "exact area" so I thought it had to be a number; and I found a wrong method to get 1/6 .

That is exactly what happened to me! Damn the wording in the Edexcel Maths paper lol!
I think I got around 90-93 marks - does anyone know how many I can lose in the Calculator to still get an A*?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Generally if it says 'exact area' expect a weird fraction or an area including surds - word of advice for paper two

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2008
I really need to know say I got a E on a non cal higher and a B in higher cal paper is my over all grade a C ??
(edited 7 years ago)
Will the same topics appear on paper 2?

E.g will we have to work out surds again?
For questions 9 about estimating the solutions: I panicked and completed the square for both of this equations and solved it. Logically I am right though? Right?:colondollar:
Someone plzzz help me!!! Im predicted an A but looking at this paper i've only got 51 marks. How many marks do i have to get in the calculator paper just to get an A overall?
Original post by Treybc123
Hello, for question 19, I was wondering if they would have a range of answers they would accept as it was a graph question. Because for example where it says the first one is x = -0.4 and x= 4.4, I got x = -0.2 and x = 4.5. Thanks.

Their's usually a ±0.2 lenience.
Original post by SlippyG08
Someone plzzz help me!!! Im predicted an A but looking at this paper i've only got 51 marks. How many marks do i have to get in the calculator paper just to get an A overall?

It really depends on mark scheme, but you're probably looking at 85+ I'd say. Could be wrong though.
Original post by Afro Tail

The answer was 3-√6/12, how'd you even get 1/6 lol :tongue:
Does anyone know the overall mark to obtain a C?
anyone got anything for 3hr
Reply 2018
do you know what the grade bounday is
For question 22 I only got X=6 so would I still be able to receive full marks or not?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending