The Student Room Group

2016 OCR Biology A Breadth - Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MiracleLeaf
I got 98.5% too :smile:

It can't be 98.5% because going from 0.3 to 20.1 you would do change/initial X 100 which would be 19.8/0.3 X 100 giving you 6600 :smile:
Original post by DaVinciGirl
I said exactly the same. Not sure if it's right too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I said this!!! :biggrin:
Original post by Rachaex
It can't be 98.5% because going from 0.3 to 20.1 you would do change/initial X 100 which would be 19.8/0.3 X 100 giving you 6600 :smile:

Great 😫😂 Maybe I'll get a method mark? 😂
Original post by NovelGreek
For the % change question i got 6600% at first BUT I read the question again and i'm sure it said 'calculate % change from BLOOD to PLASMA' i.e (0.3-20.1/20.1 x 100) so i did that and got (-) 98.5%

Was plasma 0.3 and blood 20.1?

It didn't say percentage change though, it said percentage increase. How is going from 20.1 to 0.3 an increase?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, for the Polynucleotide chains it asked in DNA. So, I think you should've also included in a double helix, that are anti-parallel to each other. But I also put the hydrogen bonds between the bases :smile:
It didn't ask for the structure of DNA, just about how it was bonded so I don't think you would have needed to put about the double helix :smile: but I'm not 100%
For the percentage increase, it surely is 19.8% increase because the sample was out of 100cm^3 which cancels out with the 100%?? Am I right or nah
This is what I put?!
I remember some of the multiple choice questions and have checked to make sure they are correct.

The primary defence was D - blood clotting

The 3 domains was A - Archaea, Bacteria and Eukaryota

An organelle that is present in both eukaryotic and prokaryotic cells - Ribosomes (think it was C but not sure?)

Not sure if this is right but I put - high low low low for the fluid pressure question.

Not sure about the mitosis image either - I think I put metaphase??

I got 0.63 (not sure if the last digit is correct) for the chromatography question.

Athlete's foot - fungus - spreads indirectly and directly.

The hinge region for the flexibility of antigen-binding sites on the antibody diagram
Reply 129
Original post by Therealbro
For the percentage increase, it surely is 19.8% increase because the sample was out of 100cm^3 which cancels out with the 100%?? Am I right or nah
that's what I put!! Omg I thought I was the only one
Reply 130
Original post by Mia66
I said mineral ions are actively pumped in to the root hair to lower the water potential( so it has an even lower water potential than the soil), and as a result, water would move from the soil into the root hair from high to low water potential, not sure if it's right tho

That's definitely right! :smile:
Original post by Mia66
that's what I put!! Omg I thought I was the only one

I put this too :smile:
Original post by CharlotteEmily99
I remember some of the multiple choice questions and have checked to make sure they are correct.

The primary defence was D - blood clotting

The 3 domains was A - Archaea, Bacteria and Eukaryota

An organelle that is present in both eukaryotic and prokaryotic cells - Ribosomes (think it was C but not sure?)

Not sure if this is right but I put - high low low low for the fluid pressure question.

Not sure about the mitosis image either - I think I put metaphase??

I got 0.63 (not sure if the last digit is correct) for the chromatography question.

Athlete's foot - fungus - spreads indirectly and directly.

The hinge region for the flexibility of antigen-binding sites on the antibody diagram

Yep I got all of those the same apart from the first one :smile:
Original post by Hherridge
Yep I got all of those the same apart from the first one :smile:

wheres the unofficaln mark scheme?
for the multiple choice question, was the ventricular systole when the pressure went up or when it went down?
Original post by Charlotte.P
I put that the zoos could raise money and awareness for the rhinos and then maybe they could use the money to keep an eye on the rhinos and give them medical support if they need it.

Potentially. For some reason I put that they could research into them a bit more hence resulting in greater understanding of their needs for survival and that.

Original post by Cookiemonster057
Hmm I put anaphase... probably was metaphase though

The chromosomes in the diagram were lined up at the centre, therefore the answer was metaphase.
Original post by jbman690
for the multiple choice question, was the ventricular systole when the pressure went up or when it went down?

I put when it went up because systole is contraction
Original post by jbman690
the one for percentage increase was 98.05% i think. bonding of two nucleotides was condensation reaction, obviously water given out. the multiple choice question about potometers, was that the tap didn't need to be open, the table for the rhino was something like, animalia, phylum, class, genus and sumatrasomething cant remember. Would i be correct if i put permanent Vacuole instead of tonoplast?

thats what i got too
Reply 138
Has anyone made a full markscheme like theyve done for chemistry and physics?
i think i failed that physics paper :frown: (aqa).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending