The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry Salters B F331 27th May 2016 (Old specification)

Seeing as it seems this exam isn't mentioned anywhere on TSR, I thought I would create a thread for those retaking this exam, even though it seems like there's nobody retaking it except me :laugh:

Feel free to discuss what you think will come up or what you hope doesn't! Could also use this thread to discuss our views on the exam tomorrow :smile:

Scroll to see replies

im retaking this unit for some strange reason
Reply 2
Original post by Daniel9998
im retaking this unit for some strange reason

Me too tbh haha, just retaking because I know every single UMS will help. Hopefully it's a straight forward exam like it has been previous years
Doing this unit too, just hoping for the best right now I guess..
Original post by Kaz_96
Me too tbh haha, just retaking because I know every single UMS will help. Hopefully it's a straight forward exam like it has been previous years

Hopefully but one thing I know for certain is that the grade boundaries are gonna be very high this year. Id say 52/60 for an A at least.
Reply 5
Original post by Daniel9998
Hopefully but one thing I know for certain is that the grade boundaries are gonna be very high this year. Id say 52/60 for an A at least.

why do you know for certain the boundaries are gonna be high this year? because its the last exams of this specification?
Reply 6
How did people find it ? Questions were okay calculations were abit ****
What answers did people put for each calculation
Reply 8
I don't even know I put +46 or something like that for the Hess law for the other ones I had no clue literally what did u pit
Reply 9
I couldn't answer first page of calculations but o also got +46 for the enthalpy
Reply 10
I'm glad I wasn't the only one !! They were so weird and the energy density one and the mole percentage of kno3 one ? How did you find the theory
Reply 11
wasn't the hess' law calc +41? What did you put for the man made pollutant for the firework? I put photochemical smog, dunno if thats right though
Reply 12
Original post by Kaz_96
wasn't the hess' law calc +41? What did you put for the man made pollutant for the firework? I put photochemical smog, dunno if thats right though

What one??
Reply 13
Original post by SohaXO
What one??

It was something like zinc reacts in fireworks, a gas is produced, what is the name of this type of man made atmospheric pollutant? Something like that
Reply 14
Original post by Kaz_96
It was something like zinc reacts in fireworks, a gas is produced, what is the name of this type of man made atmospheric pollutant? Something like that

Yeah....I didn't get that question. I just put particulates lol 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by Kaz_96

I got +41 for the Hess' law too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
what did people get for the calculations?? I defo messed them all up 😑
Reply 17
The Hess law one might be 41 I got 40 something can't remember the exact Num and omg that question I had no idea😂
Reply 18
Also...what did everyone put for the mass of air needed to burn the C4H10O thing??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
These were my calculation answers, in order of how they appeared in the q paper
Mass of air: 834.7
Mass of air for 1g of C4H10O: 11.28
Energy Density: 36200
Hess' Law: +41
KNOW: 34.15%

Not sure if theyre right but lemme know if you got the same/different

Quick Reply

Latest