The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Mathematics A - Paper 3H - 2016 - Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
can we have the questions for each number please?
Reply 581
Original post by tarigan
can we have the questions for each number please?

hi can i ask you what did you get for the q where you had to find the angle between the AH Line and the plane efgh ? was it 24.1 ?
How many marks was the gradient question about equation of parralel line worth?
Original post by Tapochek
How many marks was the gradient question about equation of parralel line worth?

4 marks
Original post by _Xenon_
This is the Unofficial Mark Scheme for the Edexcel IGCSE Mathematics A HIGHER TIER exam today. If you find any errors, please let me know. :smile:

Question 1

Spoiler

Question 2

Spoiler

Question 3

Spoiler

Question 4

Spoiler

Question 5

Spoiler

Question 6

Spoiler

Question 7

Spoiler

Question 8

Spoiler

Question 9

Spoiler

Question 10

Spoiler

Question 11

Spoiler

Question 12

Spoiler

Question 13

Spoiler

Question 14

Spoiler

Question 15

Spoiler

Question 16

Spoiler

Question 17

Spoiler

Question 18

Spoiler

Question 19

Spoiler

Question 20

Spoiler

Question 21

Spoiler

Question 22

Spoiler

the last answer is wrong.
and the answer for sphere is wrong too.
Thanks, what about the one with vase volume?
guys, if I made the cumulative frequency graph looking like a bar chart, will i get marks for interquartile range and the graph itself?
Reply 587
Also there was one which was to rearrange to find t....
I have forgotten though
And sorry for disturbance again, does anyone remember about how many marks was the vase question and the graph question?
Original post by Abdullah Khan
the last answer is wrong.
and the answer for sphere is wrong too.

I thought they were - and have previously posted mathematical evidence supporting these answers. But if you have mathematical evidence to the contrary, go for it :biggrin:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Tapochek
And sorry for disturbance again, does anyone remember about how many marks was the vase question and the graph question?

Vase was 3 marks.
The graph itself was probably 3 or 4 marks, and the IQ range and measurement of number of people over 85 kg were probably 2 marks each. If you did a bar chart you will most likely lose 4 or 5 out of the seven available.
Original post by cum002
Also there was one which was to rearrange to find t....
I have forgotten though

Yeah, I posted the question, working and answer for that a bit further up.
Original post by Martins1
I believe that they are not and have previously posted mathematical evidence supporting these answers. If you wish to prove me wrong, go ahead, but please show some mathematical evidence.

i am not sure about the sphere question, but i am pretty sure about the pentagon question.
the pentagon was to be divided in a triangle and trapezium. and then we can find out the area.
Original post by Abdullah Khan
i am not sure about the sphere question, but i am pretty sure about the pentagon question.
the pentagon was to be divided in a triangle and trapezium. and then we can find out the area.

Here is my working supporting the 188 answer.
Reply 594
Vase was 3 marks.
The graph itself was probably 3 or 4 marks, and the IQ range and measurement of number of people over 85 kg were probably 2 marks each. If you did a bar chart you will most likely lose 4 or 5 out of the seven available.

. was there marks for ploting the graph because i did it in line segmet not smoth curve but i still got the range 20 and the 85 g 18 will i get full mark ? ?
Original post by WhiteX
. was there marks for ploting the graph because i did it in line segmet not smoth curve but i still got the range 20 and the 85 g 18 will i get full mark ? ?

By line segment do you mean "join the dots"? If so, then that is correct - they accept smooth curve and join the dots. I got 20 as the IQ range and 18 too, so i believe you will get full marks for that question.
Reply 596
By line segment do you mean "join the dots"? If so, then that is correct - they accept smooth curve and join the dots. I got 20 as the IQ range and 18 too, so i believe you will get full marks for that question.

yes i joint the point with ruler way not straight line X..

how many marks was that q ?
Original post by WhiteX
yes i joint the point with ruler way not straight line X..

how many marks was that q ?

7 or 8.
Reply 598
7 or 8.

oh ok that's very good thanks .
Yo guys in question 15 do you just subtract the area of circle from area of rectangle?

Quick Reply

Latest