The Student Room Group

The Official OCR English Literature H072/H472 Predictions and Discussion Thread (AS)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rhythmical
I have no idea at the moment, we get to choose one of our own texts to study independently from a list by OCR. How about you?

For gothic Frankenstein and Dracula
Original post by OddFuturez
For gothic Frankenstein and Dracula

Oooh sounds good, I wish I knew what texts I could do yet, maybe I'll look at the OCR spec.
IMG_0110.jpg

Please tell me if this is readable, my writing is terrible in exams.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by OliwierEB
IMG_0110.jpg

I can read it, it was confusing at some parts though.
I can read it, it was confusing at some parts though.

Thank you :|
Thank you :|

You're welcome.
IMG_0110.jpg

I can read it but try not to join your handwriting, it'll make it more clearer because when it's joined the letters are hard to distinguish :]
So I figured we should have a nice clean thread for the upcoming OCR English Literature exam on 20th May 2016 which is actually tomorrow!

I study The Merchant's Tale, The Tempest, The History Boys and The Bloody Chamber and Other Stories. Our first exam is Shakespeare and Poetry, is everyone looking forward to it/nervous in any way?

I am a bit apprehensive over this exam, nervous too but I reckon if it is a decent paper and good answerable questions then I should secure a good grade.

To access full OCR specimen papers/candidate exemplars and specs please click here.

Myself and others, once the exam is over will post an unofficial mark scheme, grade boundaries and answers to some questions you may have struggled on! :smile:

The next exam after this one is Drama and Prose on 26th May 2016 so once this one is over, please get revising for the next one! When posting below, it could help if you could mention the texts you have studied and any advice you could give to fellow users on TSR.

Remember for Shakespeare and Poetry, it is highly advisable to look up quotes, character profiles, critics quotes and interpretations as this is essentially going to give you the top marks! Choose quotes applicable to several scenes and stay calm and relaxed.

GRADE BOUNDARIES (PREDICTIONS)
These are predictions my teacher has outlined based on the previous spec. Please do not think these are the official grade boundaries although they well could be.

56-60 - A
46-53 - B
39-45 - C
32-38 - D
25-31 - E
0-24 - U

What did anyone think of the Gatsby Daisy question?? That was not easy because Daisy is just one of them characters, I don't really know what to say about her. It would have been better if it was a theme based question or about a character like Gatsby. Oh well, lol i just wrote what i could, hoping it's enough. Also did anyone do the masculine power question-i did and it was easy. It's almost basically like a question of patriarchal society but you have change some things up a bit to answer the question. And what did people think of the Hamlet, actions Vs thoughts- i did that. I talked about hamlet delaying killing Claudius. I think most people did that.
Original post by Candy55
What did anyone think of the Gatsby Daisy question?? That was not easy because Daisy is just one of them characters, I don't really know what to say about her. It would have been better if it was a theme based question or about a character like Gatsby. Oh well, lol i just wrote what i could, hoping it's enough. Also did anyone do the masculine power question-i did and it was easy. It's almost basically like a question of patriarchal society but you have change some things up a bit to answer the question. And what did people think of the Hamlet, actions Vs thoughts- i did that. I talked about hamlet delaying killing Claudius. I think most people did that.

Ah see I did different texts to yourself, maybe have a look around the thread from page one and see if anyone did the same texts as yourself and then quote their reply?
Grade boundaries will probably be high because the questions were pretty doable
Grade boundaries will probably be high because the questions were pretty doable

Probably however I reckon they will be average or slightly low as many people may have just bluffed their way towards it, I reckon the Bloody Chamber section will have low grade boundaries.
Probably however I reckon they will be average or slightly low as many people may have just bluffed their way towards it, I reckon the Bloody Chamber section will have low grade boundaries.

Yeah bloody will be low, I reckon Chaucer is gonna be extremely high
Yeah bloody will be low, I reckon Chaucer is gonna be extremely high

Possibly, although I found it hard to discuss points for three characters in that space of time.
Possibly, although I found it hard to discuss points for three characters in that space of time.

I wrote so much for that question,maybe abit too much
So I figured we should have a nice clean thread for the upcoming OCR English Literature exam on 20th May 2016 which is actually tomorrow!

I study The Merchant's Tale, The Tempest, The History Boys and The Bloody Chamber and Other Stories. Our first exam is Shakespeare and Poetry, is everyone looking forward to it/nervous in any way?

I am a bit apprehensive over this exam, nervous too but I reckon if it is a decent paper and good answerable questions then I should secure a good grade.

To access full OCR specimen papers/candidate exemplars and specs please click here.

Myself and others, once the exam is over will post an unofficial mark scheme, grade boundaries and answers to some questions you may have struggled on! :smile:

The next exam after this one is Drama and Prose on 26th May 2016 so once this one is over, please get revising for the next one! When posting below, it could help if you could mention the texts you have studied and any advice you could give to fellow users on TSR.

Remember for Shakespeare and Poetry, it is highly advisable to look up quotes, character profiles, critics quotes and interpretations as this is essentially going to give you the top marks! Choose quotes applicable to several scenes and stay calm and relaxed.

GRADE BOUNDARIES (PREDICTIONS)
These are predictions my teacher has outlined based on the previous spec. Please do not think these are the official grade boundaries although they well could be.

56-60 - A
46-53 - B
39-45 - C
32-38 - D
25-31 - E
0-24 - U

Any Ideas on The Tempest predicitons?
Original post by lilyindia123
Any Ideas on The Tempest predicitons?

As in grade boundaries?
Nope. In terms of theme or character questions?
Original post by lilyindia123
Nope. In terms of theme or character questions?

Bit late for that now... we've had the exam like three weeks ago.
Hi can anyone remeber the Othello question on the AS AQA paper 2017? as I have done all the other past paper questions. Thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending