The Student Room Group

AQA AS Chemistry unit 1 resit May 27th 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RME11
Was sulfur mate, the jump was on the 7th electron removed and sulfur only has 6 in its valence shell.

Couldn't you argue that it was Argon? Argon has 8 electrons in it's outer shell and when 6 are ionised and removed, it sees a huge spike in ionisation energies as the next two being removed are from the 3s orbital?
Reply 301
Original post by Ultracrepidarian
yeah you converted it by x1000 right?

yeah
Original post by RME11
Chain: 2-Methylpropene
Position: But-2-ene
Functional gr: Cyclobutane

Original post by RME11
Chain: 2-Methylpropene
Position: But-2-ene
Functional gr: Cyclobutane

Please tell me you didn't have to write the name too jut draw right?
Original post by MotorboatMyGoat
Agreed

Yeah think I got 2,2,4 although im not the best at remembering what I put haha
Original post by newt1
you could say oxygen deviates for the question about which element deviates the trend in period 3

Oxygen isnt in period 3
Reply 306
For the third last question I divided by 1000 instead of multiplying. So I got a mass of 1.065kg. How many marks do you think I lost?
Original post by newt1
you could say oxygen deviates for the question about which element deviates the trend in period 3

Oxygen is in period 2 not period 3
Original post by User2334541
Couldn't you argue that it was Argon? Argon has 8 electrons in it's outer shell and when 6 are ionised and removed, it sees a huge spike in ionisation energies as the next two being removed are from the 3s orbital?

It was 3+fold increase, dropping a subshell won't cause that much of a hike.
Original post by Batmansdad
Please tell me you didn't have to write the name too jut draw right?

yeah it was just drawing it out
but it had to be displayed showing all the bonds especially in the chain isomer!
Reply 310
can someone please help me with the percentage yield question if you can remember how x
Went through a paper with my teacher and got the yield to be 79.2%
Original post by Louisss

It was either sulphur or aluminium
Reply 313
Original post by Louisss

i mean sulfur sorry
Original post by newt1
can someone please help me with the percentage yield question if you can remember how x

Was 47% or something If i remember right, the theoretical yield was 2kg and the actual yield was a little under half.
For the last question would u have to write it in grams of kg
thing is I'm wearing out of date contact lenses so they're not quite clear. I misread the period 3 as period 2 . Can I do anything about this?
Original post by bethey180
I talked about polar molecules, charge clouds, and the set up of temporary dipoles

Reckon id get any marks for talking about an attraction between bonds and sayin that vw are the strengths within the bond
Also I got yield to be around 49%
Original post by emsieMC
thing is I'm wearing out of date contact lenses so they're not quite clear. I misread the period 3 as period 2 . Can I do anything about this?

I don't think you can im afraid! You should've worn glasses! I always do in exams:redface:

Quick Reply

Latest