A Twitter post I saw about it said this:

"#F321 predictions:
Dative cov bond
SIlver nitrate test
Metallic bonding
H-bonding diagram
Reactivity down a group
Water of crystalisation"

I would just ensure my understanding of this but not totally tunnel vision on it :smile:

Yeah those haven't popped up much in recent years, especially dative covalent bond. But good luck :h:
Im resitting both of the papers haha, good luck to everyone resitting today
Good Luck everyone, I know you'll all do wonderfully :smile: Just remember the exam board prefers giant covalent structure to macromolecular. Bith are usually allowed but better to be safe than sorry :biggrin: Smash it guys xxxxxxxx
Reply 23
So everyone let's slay this test!
Remember to add state symbols and read ques properly if it asks you for either formula or to name something. Make you check if you are asked to round your answer to a certain figure.
Reply 24
How did everyone find it?
Found it pretty good! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wasn't keen on the 5 marker (however in retrospect it was easy.. Missed 5 marks dammit) but in general I thought it was really nice.

Expecting high boundaries
everyone came out of the exam here complaining they found it difficult, but i dont understand why, that 5 mark question was a bit dodgy though but other than that I thought it was a much better paper than last year
what was the minimum number of tests required for that 5 Mark question?
Reply 29
Original post by xoxoxoxoxo
what was the minimum number of tests required for that 5 Mark question?

I put three .. So the students can use bromine water tube, iodide ion tube and the organic tube

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
guuuys how was it ... pretty good compared to last year. MaYBE after doin A2 that's why I find it easy. But I have to agree that, that 5 marker was dodgy. the rest was ok. Everyone got NaF for the one with the mr of 42.. I didn't get it. However if I did this paper last year I would've found it challenging. So what did everyone write about the s and p orbital thing.
Reply 31
I only put two tests for the 5 mark one
for the shape of the s orbital I put spherical and then for the p orbital I put balloon shaped but I wasnt too sure
I also got three for the minimum number of test tubes but then i changed it to three so one could be used as a confirmatory test for the iodide compound with cyclohexane but i feel like i probably shouldnt have put that.
What did you guys get for the total volume of gas produced?
Reply 33
1200 for gas produced

And I put dumbell shaped
I somehow got 1326 and i have no idea how haha
Reply 35
Original post by gracamole
for the shape of the s orbital I put spherical and then for the p orbital I put balloon shaped but I wasnt too sure
I also got three for the minimum number of test tubes but then i changed it to three so one could be used as a confirmatory test for the iodide compound with cyclohexane but i feel like i probably shouldnt have put that.
What did you guys get for the total volume of gas produced?

280 I don't remember something that
Reply 36
What was the p and s question about? Not the names
Reply 37
What did everyone get for the empirical formula of the acid?
Original post by Miminfl
What was the p and s question about? Not the names

Q: state the relative energies of 2s² and 2p6 orbital; also state relative energies of each 2p orbital. [2]

A: s orbital lower energy than p orbital; each p orbital has same energy level.
Original post by DazBoy
What did everyone get for the empirical formula of the acid?
HNO2. Question stated that it was not redox reaction therefore N could not have changed oxidation number meaning couldn't be HNO3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending