The Student Room Group

Aqa chemistry as level 2016 predictions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rosemondtan
Yup did that

So did you get 133cm^3?
Also, what did you get as the Mr for the MHCO3 Q?
Original post by RoughER
So did you get 133cm^3?
Also, what did you get as the Mr for the MHCO3 Q?

Yeah I did that but I got like 1330 haha and 149!
Yeah I did that but I got like 1330 haha and 149!

Think I got them but I got 1340 instead
Original post by RoughER
Damn it! I got 133cm^3 :frown:, hopefully I get a mark or two.
I got 149 *high five*
Did you get 0.70 g for another Q?

Yup you'll definitely get working marks :smile: what question was that?
Yup you'll definitely get working marks :smile: what question was that?

Actually, it was part of the 149 Mr question :smile:
What option did you tick for the NO2 > N204 question?
Has anyone started an unofficial mark scheme yet?
Original post by SANTR
What did people get for the following:
1) The MPC about equilibria, is it a forward/backward and or endo/exo?
2) The mass of gold?
3) CH3, for the 9/11 mass of C?
4) The identity of the White ppt?
5) The volume for the second flask (PV=nrt Q)?

I can't remember the number I got for the second flask but I did it by doing V=nRT/P and then subtracting the volume of q. Is that how I was supposed to do it?
What did people get for Q9? the one with MgCl2 and BaCl2? I got BaSO4 and like 0.476g, anyone else get the same??
Original post by Christie_xx
I can't remember the number I got for the second flask but I did it by doing V=nRT/P and then subtracting the volume of q. Is that how I was supposed to do it?

I did the same.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 149
I got 337 cm3 and 6.96g of ammonia.
You had to subtract volume of Q to get P as the gas was in both flasks.
Original post by Godisdead
What did people get for Q9? the one with MgCl2 and BaCl2? I got BaSO4 and like 0.476g, anyone else get the same??

Around 0.47 for BaSO4, so 0.681 for BaCl2. Therefore, 0.371 for MgCl2. Therefore, 35.5% for the percentage of MgCl2.

I think that is what I did.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by britishtf2
Around 0.47 for BaSO4, so 0.681 for BaCl. Therefore, 0.371 for MgCl. Therefore, 35.5% for the percentage of MgCl.

I think that is what I did.

Do you remember how you got that??
Reply 152
I feel like I've done quite badly in this exam, will I have to resit it next year? I'm presuming not since AS doesn't count towards A2 but I would just like some re-assurance, thanks! :smile:
Reply 153
Did anyone else get 337 as volume of P?
Reply 154
Original post by cells15
I feel like I've done quite badly in this exam, will I have to resit it next year? I'm presuming not since AS doesn't count towards A2 but I would just like some re-assurance, thanks! :smile:

No it doesn't count, this is just practice and a way of telling unis how good we are
Do you remember how you got that??

1.052g total in the solid. BaSO4 is the ppt as it is insoluble in water. Mass of ppt was something around 0.78, I think. (137.3/233.4) is proportion of Ba in BaSO4. So, (137.3/233.4)*0.78 (or whatever it was) is mass of barium in ppt. This is therefore the mass of the barium in the BaCl2.

I used that to find the mass of the Cl in the BaCl2 using the fact that Cl is 1- and Ba is 2+. Therefore, you can find that the mass of the BaCl2 is 0.681 and from that you can find the proportion of the MgCl2 in the solid at the start.

Could be wrong though.
Original post by SM-
No it doesn't count, this is just practice and a way of telling unis how good we are

Yeah k think it only counts if you decide to drop it and your college 'cashes' in the grade! A lot of schools don't even pay for year 12s to do the AS

I got like 10.9%.
Reply 158
Was the Mr question part of a titration table question or not?
Original post by matrix37
I got like 10.9%.

Lool I got 68.8% 😂👌 I was pretty sure I was wrong anyway

Quick Reply

Latest