The Student Room Group

CCEA GCSE exams 2016 *official only CCEA thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by T0ucan
Yes, dreading it! Who do you think it will be? I think it might be something on feminism or Mary.

Teachers in my school think it's gonna be on Mary, but they also thought the Animal Farm one was gonna be on Benjamin and it wasn't
Original post by T0ucan
Yes, dreading it! Who do you think it will be? I think it might be something on feminism or Mary.

Boyle is my bet tbh at least for 1 of the two questions and feminism was basically the controlled assessment so I doubt they'd ask it
Original post by chemnerd4life
Teachers in my school think it's gonna be on Mary, but they also thought the Animal Farm one was gonna be on Benjamin and it wasn't

Who was Animal Farm on out of interest? We did it for a CA but did TKAM for the exam yet I actually really enjoyed Animal Farm (didn't like TKAM) :smile:

Original post by Philipstothers
Boyle is my bet tbh at least for 1 of the two questions and feminism was basically the controlled assessment so I doubt they'd ask it

We did our CA on setting but if that was one they probably won't ask it. Boyle was on in 2012/13 (can't remember which) so I doubt he'll come up but you never know!
Boxer was on unit 1 which was in 2012 and Boyle was in 2012 so I don't want to say that that's my link but yea... Lol. No seriously all the other major characters have been done but Boyle has not been mentioned in 3 years

We did our CA on setting but if that was one they probably won't ask it. Boyle was on in 2012/13 (can't remember which) so I doubt he'll come up but you never know!
Original post by chemnerd4life
Me too! Any predictions?

I've heard so many I couldn't say!! At least we get the script in with us :frown:
Original post by Philipstothers
Boxer was on unit 1 which was in 2012 and Boyle was in 2012 so I don't want to say that that's my link but yea... Lol. No seriously all the other major characters have been done but Boyle has not been mentioned in 3 years

I've been told by basically all the english teachers in my school that its going to be Mary
Original post by caitlin121

I've been told by basically all the english teachers in my school that its going to be Mary

My teacher made us draw up a lot of plans for her because she thinks so too :/
Original post by Okdmd46
Didnt like rectangle or circle therom or coffee or running one but besides that grand

Do you know what the correct answer was for the coffee question? Did you find the upper bound of 470 which was 475 to the nearest , then subtract the lower bound to the nearest five grams from it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck everyone!!
Reply 209
Everyones thoughts on the english lit exam??? I done Heaney&Hardy and Blood Brothers and thought it went okay! The unseen poem was decent too.. lol the hedgehog 😂
Original post by ckeys
Everyones thoughts on the english lit exam??? I done Heaney&Hardy and Blood Brothers and thought it went okay! The unseen poem was decent too.. lol the hedgehog 😂

I did Juno and the Paycock and I think it went pretty well, ran a bit out of time on Nature and War to finish it how I wanted. Mixed feeling about the unseen as the last stanza threw me off bringing religión into what I thought was a seemingly simple poem about a hedgehog 😂

What was that even about ROFL.
Original post by ckeys

i did all my sons and love & death, and i thought the questions were decent. ann's been on the paper three years in a row though, which is weird. the poetry questions were good as well! idk about the unseen, it felt like it was deep but not deep enough, you feel?
Anyone do the War and Nature anthology? Which poem did you compare with the Badger?
Reply 214
Original post by rflxvvrbs
i did all my sons and love & death, and i thought the questions were decent. ann's been on the paper three years in a row though, which is weird. the poetry questions were good as well! idk about the unseen, it felt like it was deep but not deep enough, you feel?

Yes totally feel ya!!! I wrote that mention of religion seemed out of place and was surprising lol.. but then i was like "on the otherhand the hedgehog embodies the omniscient God" what even.... 😂 SO glad its over tho! Now my next challenge : T6 maths... :frown:
Reply 215
English Lit thoughts?? I did inspector calls question b) which i thought went pretty well, then heaney and hardy i did last look and the old workman for old age theme. I only wrote 2 pages for the unseen poetry so i hope thats enough :/
Original post by ckeys
Yes totally feel ya!!! I wrote that mention of religion seemed out of place and was surprising lol.. but then i was like "on the otherhand the hedgehog embodies the omniscient God" what even.... 😂 SO glad its over tho! Now my next challenge : T6 maths... :frown:

ugh T6, I need to do really well to make up for my shocking T4 performance
That blood brothers mrs johnstone was such a bad question, was gutted a narrow fellow didnt appear and i had to do foxes among the lambs and the badger which i hadnt even learnt, what even was that unseen about, so fcked up
what grade do you usually get in English Literature?
Original post by Okdmd46
That blood brothers mrs johnstone was such a bad question, was gutted a narrow fellow didnt appear and i had to do foxes among the lambs and the badger which i hadnt even learnt, what even was that unseen about, so fcked up

so disappointed about narrow fellow, and we hadn't learnt the Castle so I had to do the badger question which was okay apart from the fact I hadn't looked over Foxes among the Lambs so...overall pretty ****

Quick Reply

Latest