The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry Salters B F331 27th May 2016 (Old specification)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KINGYusuf
I know for sure I lost 11 marks. I just hope I don't lose anymore because of the mark scheme being so specific, I just wanna scrape an A

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dont look at this paper as trying to get an specific grade, look at it as marks. So just say you dropped 2 marks on a calculation and tell yourself that "it could be the difference between a B and an A", it will only be a 4ums drop that split over the 4 papers is 1 ums dropped per paper. Another view point is that in order to achieve an A you need 480 ums, so dropping 4
ums is exactly 0.83 % of the marks you will need, that can be made up easily across the remaining 390 ums! Stay postive :smile:
Reply 181
Original post by Kira Yagami
How do you people revise for A2?

Feeling ready for F334 and F335?

I use the Thin OCR Heinmann revision guide ( the greenish black front page) and the CGP book.

I do all the past papers too.

What do you guys do exactly and how are you feeling?

I've made flashcards and I do past papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone show the answer and equation for energy density with the numbers put in the equation
What did people put for why carbon and sulfur (I think it was) would be on the right hand side of the periodic table?
Original post by Daribig
Dont look at this paper as trying to get an specific grade, look at it as marks. So just say you dropped 2 marks on a calculation and tell yourself that "it could be the difference between a B and an A", it will only be a 4ums drop that split over the 4 papers is 1 ums dropped per paper. Another view point is that in order to achieve an A you need 480 ums, so dropping 4
ums is exactly 0.83 % of the marks you will need, that can be made up easily across the remaining 390 ums! Stay postive :smile:

Dont forget the 120 ums from coursework! Lol just focus on trying to get the bulk of the marks. Besides if ur going for an A* you can even get mid Bs at AS.
Don't know how I felt about that paper. Some parts were good tho. I got the 36200 for the energy density I think. The calculation parts messed me up
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Daribig
Sad bit is that my method waa right by i came out with 29%... Method marks shud give me 1/2 marks so not too bad . (Realised just now writing the calculation out)

Actually there could be a range, if u round to 2 dp your answer comes to 29% defo method marks however
Original post by Kwaks
That's carbonates?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah pal, milk of magnesia (Mg(OH)2) is a white suspension,solubility of group 2 carbonates decreases down the group.
Reply 188
Original post by geor_thor
What did people put for why carbon and sulfur (I think it was) would be on the right hand side of the periodic table?

I said because its electron configuraton outer shell is the p shell? so its a p block element? not entirely sure if thats what they were looking for
Original post by Kwaks
I've made flashcards and I do past papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

online flash cards? or note cards? and how they help you ? I will upload a file for common questions asked for f333 , f334, f335 hopefully they will help you guys!,
Inshallah, we all do well! I uploaded list of common f332 questions, I plan to memorize these!
Thank you very much

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 192
Original post by Kwaks
Yeah....I didn't get that question. I just put particulates lol 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol i put particulates but apparently was meant to be photochemical smog
Reply 193
I wrote particulates 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 194
Original post by Taz35
frequency ------->
because the lines converged towards the right, i.e at the higher frequencies

But it was for the graph wasn't it and so it'd be frequency <---- and wavelength --->
Reply 195
Original post by JgR1997
The Uranian decays to Thorium? Is this right

That's what I got
Reply 196
Original post by KINGYusuf
I wrote for similarity the position of the lines are in the same position for both? Is that right

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's what I put and it's what has been accepted in mark schemes before so should be fine :smile:
Reply 197

They're covalent compounds and covalently bonded compounds are located on the right of the periodic table
Original post by _MAT_
They're covalent compounds and covalently bonded compounds are located on the right of the periodic table

I put that too. Hopefully its correct!
Reply 199
I put that too. Hopefully its correct!

Ahahha yeah hopefully, I don't see why it wouldn't. If I remember it did say to use the table and even if it didn't, it makes sense to use the data in the table in the answer else why would they give it to you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest