The Student Room Group

AQA AS Chemistry unit 1 resit May 27th 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by oweneagle
Went through a paper with my teacher and got the yield to be 79.2%

It couldn't have been that
how many marks would i drop for the percentage yield question? i did 1090/2278.56 x 100 = 47.8%
Original post by Batmansdad
For the last question would u have to write it in grams of kg

It didn't specify, so either - I did both.
Will it matter to my grade if I post pics of the questions on here, went to my teacher afterwards and saw the calculation questions for the section B
Anyone else get 16.6 for the %Yield question?
Original post by MacRevision
Anyone else get 16.6 for the %Yield question?

Nope
It was 49.30%

Posted from TSR Mobile
Will it matter to my grade if I post pics of the questions on here, went to my teacher afterwards and saw the calculation questions for the section B

No it won't affect your grade at all, post them!
Original post by Louisss
how many marks would i drop for the percentage yield question? i did 1090/2278.56 x 100 = 47.8%

Possibly 2 marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Louisss
No it won't affect your grade at all, post them!

Like I found the percentage yield to be 25% but then went through it and got 79% I'm so confused
Like I found the percentage yield to be 25% but then went through it and got 79% I'm so confused

your teachers btec
image.gif
Original post by User2334541
Couldn't you argue that it was Argon? Argon has 8 electrons in it's outer shell and when 6 are ionised and removed, it sees a huge spike in ionisation energies as the next two being removed are from the 3s orbital?

I hope this helps clarify anything :smile:
I wasn't sure of the answer either
Reply 331

Please post them!!!
Reply 332
for the balancing equation questions, if you got the other products right but they aren't balanced, do you get 1/2?
yes I got 49.3 would I get full marks?
How did everyone find the exam overall? Harder or easier than past papers?

Please please post want to see my marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RME11
The conc & vol of the solution was 5moldm-3 & 3m3, You had to change the 3m3 into dm3 first so you ended up with 3000dm3

moles = conc X vol = 5*3000 = 15,000 moles h3po4

Ratio P4O10 to H3PO4 was 1:4 therefore 15000 moles h3po4 = 3750 moles P4O10

Mass = moles * mr = 3750 * ((31*4)+(10*16)) = 1065000g = 1065KG.

Wouldn't it be 1.065 Kg?
Original post by alevez2ez
How did you guys fail last year? The foundation Chemistry paper (AQA paper 1) was the easiest paper from 2011-2015.

Did you let the stress get to you or what?

Only a certain number of people get the top grades. if its easy grade boundaries will raise. you're not a very logical thinker....
Reply 338
Original post by emsieMC
thing is I'm wearing out of date contact lenses so they're not quite clear. I misread the period 3 as period 2 . Can I do anything about this?

I somehow doubt it.. That should have been addressed before you went in, not just when you get a question wrong
Original post by rbkbball
Only a certain number of people get the top grades. if its easy grade boundaries will raise. you're not a very logical thinker....

It's obvious that the grade boundaries would rise

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply