The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL Chemistry Unit 1 (WCH01 )/ May 27 June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yara El-Bardisi
it wasn't 75! it was 100, you had to find the moles of the H2 by dividing the volume by 24 and then using the ratio of moles and the 24 dm3 to find the volume of the HCL

EXACTLY

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sandy_Vega30
Mg has fewer protons than Al hence Mg has weaker metallic bonds than Al. This means Mg requires less energy to break these points hence has a lower melting point.

**** I wrote mg has filled subshell

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Saad69
**** I wrote mg has filled subshell

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought of that too at first but the question is asking for effect on melting temperature not ionization energies. :smile:
Original post by anujsr
adsorption and desorption of the gases also leads to more heat energy due to the catalyst surface

I wrote that the battery provides the suitable temperature for the catalyst to start functioning. Once this temperature is achieved, catalyst can speed up the rate of reaction so battery will not be required.

Idk if this answer even makes sense...
Reply 144
Original post by Rahatara Sadique
I wrote that the battery provides the suitable temperature for the catalyst to start functioning. Once this temperature is achieved, catalyst can speed up the rate of reaction so battery will not be required.

Idk if this answer even makes sense...

It would get 1 mark. Although depends upon the examiner. According to me you only gave 1 marking point
Reply 145
Hey wat do u guys think grade boundary for an A will be?????
I think its because the reaction was exothermic so when reaction is initiated the reaction will provide heat for itself

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jannz
Hey wat do u guys think grade boundary for an A will be?????

Probably 68. It wasn't a hard paper. :redface:
Original post by Willandy123
I think its because the reaction was exothermic so when reaction is initiated the reaction will provide heat for itself

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's exactly what I wrote! :smile:
Original post by Sandy_Vega30
Ethane and propane are used to make ethene and propene by dehydrogenation reaction. This ethene and propene is used to make poly ethene and poly propene. But since, Ethane and Propane are required for the manufacture of Shane gas, the production of poly ethene and poly propene decreases. :smile:

doesnt the gas deposit exist naturally?

gases react in simple ratios of their volume
For the catalyst question can we write that heating it provides the activation energy needed to initiate the reaction?

And for the helium question is it wrong if i mentioned it is less dense?
Reply 152
For the drawing of the line to show deflection question - I drew it above but wrote specifically most deflected. Would I still get the mark?
Guys!!! What did you get for the enthalpy question???😱
Original post by Becka99
For the catalyst question can we write that heating it provides the activation energy needed to initiate the reaction?

Well for helium, I mentioned it is less dense and gas at room temperature.
Reply 155
Original post by Willandy123
Well for helium, I mentioned it is less dense and gas at room temperature.

I wrote it is a gas at rtp as well cus then no need of vapourization..hope its correct
Reply 156
Original post by Mimiastc
Guys!!! What did you get for the enthalpy question???😱

-2868.5 kJmol-1
Reply 157
Original post by Becka99

Oh my god I actually wrote that too about the activation energy. However I think you would also have to mention that it is an exothermic reaction and that's why it doesn't need to be heated for the second mark. I think you are correct about Helium being less dense because that implies that it's deflected the most and can therefore detect any leaks.
Original post by wenogk
-2868.5 kJmol-1

I LOVE YOU 😍 thats what i got
Reply 159
Original post by Mimiastc
I LOVE YOU 😍 thats what i got

:biggrin: YAY

Quick Reply

Latest