The Student Room Group

F321 27th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by UnknownAnon
That's what I did. Divided by two first. Then divided by avagadros.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you get something like 4.25 x 10-4 mol?
Original post by naheed_853
guys, the oxidation state of oxygen was +2 in the oxygen fluoride, i put -2, funny things is they state in the book that we will not meet this in As level, are they gonna give us the mark or are they gonna just mark the correct one only?

pretty sure they can ask about oxidation states and the question specifically wanted the sign and answer. I got so many small things wrong in this paper so annoying
Original post by sqr00t
That wasnt the first question. The first calculation was something like 2.11 something times 10^20 of nitrogen molecules. Divide that by avocado's number to find moles.

The 8.5x10^-4 mole was the Al2(SO3)3 one i remember. Then multiply by Mr to find mass of it.

I swear it was Al2(so4)3 :P?
Q: state the relative energies of 2s² and 2p6 orbital; also state relative energies of each 2p orbital. [2]

A: s orbital lower energy than p orbital; each p orbital has same energy level.
Original post by GillyTheGhillie
Not sure why you posted sulfur difluoride, that didn't come up at all in the paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i put sodiumflouride :frown:
Original post by Rust Cohle
Do you know for sure if 'bent' will get the mark also?

it was 180 and linear
Original post by Sulaiman631
it was 180 and linear

It wasn't 180 degrees, it had two lone pairs and two bonding pairs; same as water. The shape would be angular OR bent, with angles from 103-105 degrees.
What did people put for the colours and reactions question of bromine water iodine solution,
Original post by connor365
What did people put for the colours and reactions question of bromine water iodine solution,

For bromine water and Iodine solution:

Br2 + 2I- -> I2 +2Br-

at the cyclohexane layer, the solution would become orange.
It would become purple.
if anyone could make/link an official mark scheme that would be much appreciated. also anyone with legitimate ideas on grade boundaries comparing to past papers etc? thanks
Original post by sqr00t
I got 864 or something in the mid 800s, are u sure ur mole ratio was 2:5?

I got something like that too 😊
could someone link/make an unofficial mark scheme please? also does anyone have any predictions for grade boundaries, considering past paper boundaries and how easy/difficult this paper was in comparison to previous ones. thanks
Original post by Sulaiman631
it was 180 and linear

No, it wasn't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SamH213
It was nitric acid hno3, i thought it was pretty straightforward if im honest, probably the usual stupid mistakes though.

HNO2 babes
Original post by GillyTheGhillie

i think it was actually bent / non linear 104.5

just like a water molecule has 2 lone and 2 bonded and is bent :smile:
Original post by Rust Cohle
Do you know for sure if 'bent' will get the mark also?

Bent is always in the 'Allow' section of the mark schemes!:smile:
Reply 117
Same really I realised as soon as I left
Wow I've lost a lot of marks ahaha after thinking I did okay. :frown: f322 can still save our ass so we got this guys xD
Isn't it non-linear and 104.5• ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending