The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE English Literature exam 27th May

What do you think will come up on the exam (relationship cluster)?

and do you have any tips as to how to tackle the unseen poem? Thanks
Done the exam D:
And tbh, it wasn't really that bad :3
Reply 2
what points did people make for the snake woman unseen poem?
Original post by mxn

I talked about stereotypes and how even some men don't do what she does because they fear the snakes. I talked about her standing up to these sterotypes on her and generally women. How about you?
Reply 4
Original post by mxn

i found the exam amazing!:u:

I noted that the snake is symbolic of her loosing her innocence as she grows from a child to adolescence to her current stage as an adult.

I also said that she used the snake in order to get control as she is a child and lacks any kind of power, so she takes advantage of the snake so she can fulfill the enjoyment of being independent (even though she is a child).

But yeah, my main intention was that it is about losing innocence as she grows up.

What did you say about it?
Reply 5
There's nothing about the poem anywhere online...it's like it doesn't exist?
Reply 6
Original post by chassan
i found the exam amazing!:u:

I noted that the snake is symbolic of her loosing her innocence as she grows from a child to adolescence to her current stage as an adult.

I also said that she used the snake in order to get control as she is a child and lacks any kind of power, so she takes advantage of the snake so she can fulfill the enjoyment of being independent (even though she is a child).

But yeah, my main intention was that it is about losing innocence as she grows up.

What did you say about it?

i developed your second point quite a lot, yeah should be correct xd, also talked about how well she new the snakes (use of sibilance etc) and how she still remembers the sent of the snake emphasises how significant this had been to her, hence adopting the name

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending