The Student Room Group

CCEA GCSE exams 2016 *official only CCEA thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chemnerd4life
so disappointed about narrow fellow, and we hadn't learnt the Castle so I had to do the badger question which was okay apart from the fact I hadn't looked over Foxes among the Lambs so...overall pretty ****

So pissed off with them ccea wanks, what is the point putting the badger and foxes among the lambs up again when there are other stuff that hasnt been asked, makes no sense to me! Hadnt revised them because of they were up in 2013
so disappointed about narrow fellow, and we hadn't learnt the Castle so I had to do the badger question which was okay apart from the fact I hadn't looked over Foxes among the Lambs so...overall pretty ****

There goes my A anyway...
Original post by Okdmd46
So pissed off with them ccea wanks, what is the point putting the badger and foxes among the lambs up again when there are other stuff that hasnt been asked, makes no sense to me! Hadnt revised them because of they were up in 2013

yeah me too, so annoying! I really wanted an A this year and all, i've been so close in all my mocks but I guess it wasn't meant to be
I did the theme question in an inspector calls, and compared Attack to The Castle
The unseen was okay- bit weird at the end I didn't pick up on Jesus that much tbh but oh well

Don't worry I worked it out and the comparison is only 16% of your grade!!! I did the war one but struggled a bit with the castle tbh
yeah me too, so annoying! I really wanted an A this year and all, i've been so close in all my mocks but I guess it wasn't meant to be

Yep me too, my only hope is that my curleys wife essay is almost full marks so i can maybe scrape an A, because ive got about 35/50 in that test
Original post by chloecam29
Don't worry I worked it out and the comparison is only 16% of your grade!!! I did the war one but struggled a bit with the castle tbh

I was going to do the war one, but I was absent the day we did it in class so had to copy up my friends notes so I didn't really understand it enough to write a whole essay on it. 16% makes me feel a bit better I suppose, still gutted though
I was going to do the war one, but I was absent the day we did it in class so had to copy up my friends notes so I didn't really understand it enough to write a whole essay on it. 16% makes me feel a bit better I suppose, still gutted though

Did u do the blood brothers? Abs brutal

Is poetry not 20%?
Original post by Okdmd46
Yep me too, my only hope is that my curleys wife essay is almost full marks so i can maybe scrape an A, because ive got about 35/50 in that test

hoping my coursework was good enough to bring my grade up but I'm really not sure
hoping my coursework was good enough to bring my grade up but I'm really not sure

I got 22.5 in coursework, i hope its enough
Original post by Okdmd46
Did u do the blood brothers? Abs brutal

No, I did Juno and the Paycock thankfully, it was probably the only part of the exam that went alright
Original post by Okdmd46
I got 22.5 in coursework, i hope its enough

We don't find out our coursework marks until results day, which sucks
No, I did Juno and the Paycock thankfully, it was probably the only part of the exam that went alright

Our question was very confusing and i only got 4 points done and i realised that one of them wasnt even relevant..
Anyone know what the grade boundaries are usually like for English Lit?
Original post by Okdmd46
Our question was very confusing and i only got 4 points done and i realised that one of them wasnt even relevant..

How many points are you meant to include?
Original post by Okdmd46
Is poetry not 20%?

Yeah poetry is 25% but it's unseen and the comparison together so that's 40 marks + 20 marks for unseen which makes the comparison 16% I think not 100% tho
Yeah poetry is 25% but it's unseen and the comparison together so that's 40 marks + 20 marks for unseen which makes the comparison 16% I think not 100% tho

Im not that sure either, just going by what my teacher said that poetrys 20 and unseen is 10
How many points are you meant to include?

6 apparently but theres no way, judging on the time they give us
Original post by Okdmd46
Im not that sure either, just going by what my teacher said that poetrys 20 and unseen is 10

Controlled Assessment - 25%
Unit 1 (study of prose) - 25%
Drama - 20%
Poetry anthology - 20%
Unseen Poem - 10%

Quick Reply

Latest