The Student Room Group

Girls have you ever phoned a guy who has given you his number

If a guy gives you his number do you find it annoying or flattering and have you ever phoned it? Just I was considering giving this waitress my number but kind if thought she would find it uncomfortable. Also have you ever given a random guy your number

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I once phoned a guy who kept texting me thinking I was a girl.
Reply 2
Giving a girl your number is a beta move.
Reply 3
Original post by Jebedee

You're bordering on delta there!

Having said that, I've given quite a few girls my number, because it's a locally known thing that my phone is **** and doesn't like me texting new people!
Reply 4
Original post by __0__
You're bordering on delta there!

Having said that, I've given quite a few girls my number, because it's a locally known thing that my phone is **** and doesn't like me texting new people!

And how many of them actually got back to you, leading to something?

Secondly, if you live with a malfunctioning social device then it implies that you aren't socially competent, as you don't care to alleviate the problem.
Reply 5
Original post by karl pilkington
If a guy gives you his number do you find it annoying or flattering and have you ever phoned it? Just I was considering giving this waitress my number but kind if thought she would find it uncomfortable. Also have you ever given a random guy your number

Are you edgy Karl?
Usually it depends upon the guy. I'm more likely to accept a number from someone I vaguely know and whom I can trust, rather than a complete stranger in public. It depends upon how you ask as well.
Reply 7

No, pretty much no girl ever has.

Women want and expect to be chased.
Reply 8
I think the person who is showing interest in the other should be the one to make contact - so when I was interested in a guy, I asked his number, and I proceeded to text him (...if he had given me the number, of course).

I understand that if you are approaching this girl at her workplace, it might seem less intrusive to just offer your number instead of asking for hers, but no, frankly I wouldn't call you.
Reply 9

You should always get her number. Most girls wont even consider calling even if they say they will
Reply 10
Original post by Jebedee
And how many of them actually got back to you, leading to something?

Secondly, if you live with a malfunctioning social device then it implies that you aren't socially competent, as you don't care to alleviate the problem.

All of them that I expected to, although the relationships (if you can even call them that) never last long because I don't actually work in a relationship

Or maybe it's because I'm broke, and a new phone is expensive?
I've had a couple that I've told to text me and then they ring me instead when I'm busy, and THEN text me to whinge that I'm not answering. That's why I said text, genius :colonhash:
Original post by __0__
All of them that I expected to, although the relationships (if you can even call them that) never last long because I don't actually work in a relationship

Or maybe it's because I'm broke, and a new phone is expensive?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nokia-105-SIM-Free-Mobile-Phone-Black/dp/B00DBWI2E0
Original post by Jebedee

THIS. Alphas like us get the girl's number without even having to ask.
Original post by Jebedee

getting her number without asking
when she's a 7 and you're a 4
as i think that's alpha if you asked and succeeded let alone not asking just getting
Original post by jamesthehustler
getting her number without asking
when she's a 7 and you're a 4
as i think that's alpha if you asked and succeeded let alone not asking just getting

It's a numbers game and sometimes a bad method will yield a result. But why not use a good method and yield more results?
Original post by Jebedee
It's a numbers game and sometimes a bad method will yield a result. But why not use a good method and yield more results?

my diamond and gold jewellery do the job well enough
Original post by jamesthehustler
my diamond and gold jewellery do the job well enough

If you have to buy a woman's attention, yours can't be worth much.
I've called a guy that has given me his number before. He just wanted an ego boost tbh. Guys have given me their numbers at work before. At least if she isn't interested it wouldn't be too painful for you knowing she didn't call.

I wanted to give a guy my number the other day. I just didn't like the idea of ''waiting around'' to see if he called me lol. He ended up asking me for mine anyway, so it worked out :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
all of you chat utter ****

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending